It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic....how do u know?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
How do u know if you are psychic...sometimes i think i am just maybe i need to work on strengthening the ability....anyone know how i would know for sure?

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
You know if you have unexplainable things happen to you. If you say know something without being told or hearing about it; knowing without knowing. That's one way. There's clairevoyance where you see pictures of events happening in your mind. There's claireaudience where you hear voices. And there's telekineses where you can move objects with your mind

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   
If you believe psychic abilities to be true, then everyone is psychic to a lesser or greater extent. You simply have to train yourself like you say.

As said, that will be much easier if you decide on what specific 'psychic skill' you want to train. It's probably best to choose whatever you feel you are already strong at. Whether you want to be reading minds, levitating, moving stuff with your mind, or simply have an increased amount of intuition.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
how would one go about developing "psychic" abilities. i definately have a low level of intuition, even without training. how could i become more aware of my surroundings and "see" what will happen next?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Biggie,

A quick Internet search will find you a multitude of information on "psychic" abilities and how to harness them.

The best way is obviously hands-on practice, like most things. Training up your psychic powers is similar to running a marathon. You can't just get up and run 20 miles one day, you have to train. The same way, you have to start small with psychic powers and work your way up. Any true 'psychics' who have any success practice very hard every day, unless they happen to be part of the very small minority that are 'gifted'.

Depending on what you want to do influences how you should practice. If you want to have telekinesis, start off with a psi-wheel. If you want intuition, just go about your life trusting your gut feeling and seeing how much it is accurate. Try predicting everything around you. Guess what someone will be wearing that day, and other random events. Flip a coin a bunch of times and see if you can guess how it will come up (Be sure to record your results for analysis.) If you want to influence outcomes, try online tests like the one on www.gotpsi.org .

It also normally helps to start in the right mindset. If you sit and observe yourself, you will notice that your mind is going a mile a minute, always thinking of lots of different stuff. Try to clear your mind of all thoughts. Practice this throughout the day. If you are washing the dishes, concentrate all your thought and energy into washing the dishes. Don't let yourself daydream.

Look up exercises on how to increase your awareness and concentration, or I'll post some if you can't find any.

Give it time, and put in all the effort you can. The more you try, the faster it will come.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Meditation is a good approach, since successfully controling the ability requires a clear mind.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Greetings All. I just wanted to post here as my family and myself have displayed psi ability as far back as I can remeber.

Myself I tend toward the empathic and pregonative asspects as well as having a very well developed "Danger Sense" aka I just know when someone or something is wrong and get the hell out of there.

I always found that indeed Mediation can help harness these abilities but please remeber it is rude to read someone without there knowledge or permission if ya ever get that far.

But in my philosophy one only needs practice and the more of us that can do this the better.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
If you ask any psychic by occupation, they will tell you that everybody is psychic. Some more than others, but everyone can harness what psychic energy they have through deep meditation. More than likely taking years to harness well, and more than likely spontaneous psychic ability. I.E. What can be viewed as a remarkably accurate guess. good luck with that.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
sometimes i have dreams of seeing things what happen in future

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I believe that I am psychic as I see images of something that will happen before it does, however I don't think that this is something which can be developed with practice. I personally can't train this, nor can I control when Im going to predict an event.
However, I do still think everyone has the potential to be psychic, but only people with a certain mind frame can access that part of the mind and even then I dont think its on a concious level

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Hi all, I wanted to know if being on medication like Lexapro and Lyrica, does this affect psychic ability? I belong to a spiritualist church and was told this, meaning I cannot do anything that involves readings, I am disappointed as I have had a small gift for many years and had done nothing about it, except for 4 or 5 years, I feel that the medications have not affected me psychically, I was just beginning to learn more about this and feel really disappointed, your advice would be appreciated.
Thank you

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Chassy0719

Originally posted by Chassy0719
How do u know if you are psychic?

If I am able to figure out the desires, ambitions and motivations of someone before I have ever exchanged any words with this person, you can call me psychic. But it has nothing to do with supernatural, just observations. If I can make you believe in stuff without explicitly expressing the objects of belief, you can call me psychic. But nothing supernatural here either, just some psychology.

-v

top topics

join