It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Kennedys

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Anyone still listening to the DK's ?

I was privileged enough to get to see them, 1981/2 I think...... They played at Leeds (England) and I think it was the last tour when Jello Biafra fronted them. I still listen regularly and find their lyrics are generally as relevant today as back then.

Anyone know of any good, current, political bands who could hold a candle to the DK's?

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Awww. disappointed.

I hoped there was at least ONE fellow Dead Kennedys fan out there. I was even holding out the hope that someone else had seen them live....

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
HAHA Im a dead kennedys fan!
SEE! Your not alone...

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
HAHA Im a dead kennedys fan!
SEE! Your not alone...

Woot Woot.....

Glad to know I'm not the last surviving relic from a bygone age....

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I discovered the Dead Kennedys inadvertently, through an old comic book I found. It was something about Midian or some stupid place like that. Then a year after that, I decided to hear what they sounded like, and I was blown away by California Uber Alles.
Some real punk at last.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'm a hard core fan of The Exploited, and if you know anything about the relationship between The Exploited and Dk then you'll understand why I can't be a fan of DK.

Just kidding...lol.

I like some stuff by DK, a few of my friends are big fans. I personally think Jello is a tad bit full of himself, however they do have some really cool songs.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Anyone got any favorite songs of the DKs? Mines has to be Kinky sex makes the world go round.
Hilarious!

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
My favorites are "Too Drunk To...." (I'm sure you know the last word to that title), "Holiday In Cambodia", "Viva Las Vegas", and "California Uberalis"

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
its so weird that this thread just popped up... just two days ago i was strolling idly thru best buy and i saw give me conveiniance or give me death. id heard holiday in cambodia at my friends house a little while back so i was all "this'll b kinda cool" and bought it. DUDE. i listened to it literally three times thru that night. it was just so wierd, like some wierd drunken nightmare that mocked wat was once pure and you couldnt wake up from no matter how hard you tried... and the thing was, it embodied pretty much all my thoughts and fears for the world, despite the fact that its almost 20 year old. kinda makes you wonder if things ever really change.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
WAIT YOU SAW THEM LIVE??? YOU LUCKY BASTARD!!! i was still in my moms stomach haha
what the hell could a dead kennedys concert be like? a political rally or something?

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Hey, Hey, Another DK's fan here. I saw them live at Fesival Hall (Brisbane) here in Australia. Must have been about '84 or '85. Awesome show! I was just barely in my teens. Have to say it was the best concert I have seen, bar none. I've also seen Jello a couple of times doing his spoken word.

I've pretty much listened to 'em right through to the present. The first album I bought was 'Plastic Surgery Disasters' and it simply blew me away. The great thing about the DK's is that they don't date. 5ick8oy is right in saying that their message is just as relevant today as it was 25 (Man, has it been that long?) years ago.

Favourite tracks are: 'Halloween', 'I am the Owl', 'Forest Fire', 'Kepone Factory', 'Let's Lynch the Landlord', 'Man With the Dogs', 'Stealing Peoples Mail', and 'Stars and Stripes of Corruption'.

'Tis a real shame about the current ill-will between Jello and the rest of the band. But Jeeez! Could you imagine listening to 'Holiday in Cambodia' on a Dockers ad?

I must also say; People!!! Do Not buy anything DK's out on the Decay label. Look for the Alternative Tentacles stuff at online sellers or rarity stores. Jello got screwed by his own band!

AT Legal Fund

[edit on 3-5-2006 by Beelzebubba]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Saw Dead Kennedys and Black Flag on the same bill in Salt Lake City. At the time I had no appreciation for Punk. That show changed all that!

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Oh yeah, I forgot all about the song "Lets lynch the landlord" That is one of my favorites too.

I believe they still tour, but without Jello Biafra so it's really not worth it to see them.
Jello does spoken word now.

new topics

top topics

join