It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Harm will not only engulf the Islamic Republic of Iran, but the region and everybody,"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
News update.
I won't comment on it, as it's just an update.
Read the full story by pressing on the link at the bottom.

External Source

TEHRAN, Iran (Reuters) -- Some 200 Iranians have volunteered in the past few days to carry out "martyrdom missions" against U.S. and British interests around the world if Iran is attacked, a hard-line group said Sunday.

The United States and other Western nations accuse Iran of seeking to master enrichment technology to build atomic weapons, a charge Iran denies. Washington says it wants a diplomatic solution, but has not ruled out a military option.

The news of potential martyrs came as The Institute for Science and International Security, a U.S. think tank, said Sunday that Iran has expanded its uranium conversion facilities in Isfahan and reinforced its Natanz underground uranium enrichment plant.

The fresh fears over a possible U.S. attack on Iran's nuclear sites helped attract volunteers during its latest recruitment drive, Mohammad Ali Samadi, spokesman for the Committee for the Commemoration of Martyrs of the Global Islamic Campaign, said.

Source

Mod Edit: Methods of ''Quoting'' – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/4/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Thanks for the edit

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I believe it has become somewhat common place for Iran to 'unofficially' threaten the use of ‘martyrs’ (**unofficial? but recognized and 'allowed') against any possible perceived aggressors over the past few years (2004 Article). This continuation of the same is not surprising and I am sure has been anticipated however justified or not.

Given the unlikely event of ‘strikes’ in the near future, perhaps some of the fervor will wear thin. However, if Iran’s (**unofficial? but recognized and 'allowed') martyr’s begin a campaign specifically against the European, ‘allied’ and/or American civilian populace during the interim regardless of official Iranian affiliation…regime change will occur in Iran.

**(unofficial? but recognized and 'allowed') from the posted article:

The main force, named the Special Unit of Martyr Seekers in the Revolutionary Guards, was first seen last month when members marched in a military parade

U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan told Spain's ABC daily that the situation was already "too heated" to withstand any further aggravation.

imo, I agree that this is just stoking the fire and I hope all of 'this' can be written-off in the future as posturing.

mg

new topics

join