It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large sunken facility in NW Canada.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Well between all the different earth imaging programs we have now I find myself mulling over smaller out of the way areas and in my systems max zooming. In this image I found what looks like one very large odd shaped dish sunk in the ground. At first I thought it was a basin or pool of some type with one massive cover but that seem less likely. Anyone have a clue.
pg.photos.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Its probably a tailing pond for some mining company.

Traditionally, the fine solids and water that are left over after the bitumen has been separated from the oil sands, have been discharged into large settling 'ponds' where the fines slowly settle, thereby releasing water that is suitable for recycling back to plant processes.
link

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
pg.photos.yahoo.com...
Here is an image of the surrounding area. The only roads are seen in this photo.
Also its an Isle off of the Canadian NW coast and seems way isolated. If you have google you can zoom close enough to see what looks like wires or bindings incorporated in a large type cover or ????. Nato/Canadian Listening post maybe?

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
If you look in the bottom right from your perspective you will notice that there are small rock like structures...leading me to believe that this is either some kind of reclamation pool, water recycling pool, or somethign along those lines. Im open to the idea that it may be something but the evidence thus far leads me to believe....even though it is isolated which is a lil odd...that its nothing more than what it seems to be.

El senor pom pom rides again

new topics

top topics

join