It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fables

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Í´m new here, so I´m shooting from the hip. This place is huge and it´s gonna take me a year, just to catch up. So sorry if it´s been done before.

Let´s talk about King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. This subject interests me. In all aspects. Socio-Political, Racial, Moral, Religious and all the rest....

Fact or Fiction? and Why?

Your thoughts.

[edit on 16-4-2006 by Wonka]

Mod Edit: All Caps Title – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/4/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Another subject that I love!

There's no doubt that Arthur is a creation of the medieval storytellers. However, there's a lot of interesting variants on the original tales (the role of Lancelot, for instance. In one of the very earliest he is not suspected as Guenevere's lover but rather the "crime" that gets him sent into exile is that he is accused of plotting against Arthur on the basis of some very thinly connected (manufactured) evidence.

And Guenevere dies long before Arthur does.

There is some evidence that Arthur probably was a fairly famous hero/chiefain... in fact, scholars and archaeologists do seem to find very suggestive clues. I don't have time to go into the evidence right now, but I'd be happy to discuss one of my favorite legends!

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Another subject that I love!

There's no doubt that Arthur is a creation of the medieval storytellers. However, there's a lot of interesting variants on the original tales (the role of Lancelot, for instance. In one of the very earliest he is not suspected as Guenevere's lover but rather the "crime" that gets him sent into exile is that he is accused of plotting against Arthur on the basis of some very thinly connected (manufactured) evidence.

And Guenevere dies long before Arthur does.

There is some evidence that Arthur probably was a fairly famous hero/chiefain... in fact, scholars and archaeologists do seem to find very suggestive clues. I don't have time to go into the evidence right now, but I'd be happy to discuss one of my favorite legends!
Please continue...

join