It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killer Dust

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hello,

I have always sat there in amazement, when you see dust particles floating in a beam of light coming through a window.

Recently, I have been wondering if this isnt part of some master scheme to help cull the masses.

Firstly one thing you can do is look at the types of fabrics and such you see in your clothing, carpets, furniture, just about everything. Alot of these will be made up of basically plastics of some degree. Not real sure about all the correct terminology here..
Most people dont think of it, or notice how some of these materials behave.
Alot of the materials used in things in almost every room in your house shed many many little plastic hairs, that you can see floating in the air from time to time. some with distinct colors.

I'm not a real clean freak, and I'm a smoker. I just dusted and swept up in here today since it was looking a little dusty.
It really is astounding how and why dust accumulates. you can see it in a hallway where it must collect from air currents like sediment in a river.

So I thought, it is strange to think back when they would try to paint the perfect american household image, one image you can picture is a woman with perky breasts dusting.
I wouldnt think not long before this time, people probably didnt do too much dusting..

Now wasnt it around the same time that we gained great strides in the plastics and polycarbs world?

One thing I noticed in my cleaning was, its not very practical. Sure you can wipe the surfaces clean. and greatly reduce what was there, but you stir alot of it up and wind up with a dusty rag or what have you. And as we all know the dust is back in a few weeks.
We notice it inside but whats happening outside?
Think of all the fleece wearing people out there shedding tiny plastics hairs all over the place. How long will nature absorb this before we see problems. Are we seeing problems already from our manufactured dust?
Its just somthing I thought about today. and thought about before.
I thought I even saw some posts that were similar before.
Anyone know what little plastic hairs I'm referring to? how do they make them, why? It really doesnt make sense. sure it may keep you warm, but dont make the stuff microscopic that it gets in the atmosphere.

well ok am I putting too much thought into this or what?

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mailman
Recently, I have been wondering if this isnt part of some master scheme to help cull the masses.

No, but it is Nature's scheme to help rain form and snow form, among other things.

We live in a very dusty world. Between sandstorms, volcanos, spray from the ocean waves, spray from waterfalls, lakes, and so on and so forth it was already very dusty. Add man made things (cars, farms) to the mix and things do get dusty.

So I thought, it is strange to think back when they would try to paint the perfect american household image, one image you can picture is a woman with perky breasts dusting.

Groan. Hold head. Scream.

Yes, the June Cleaver image. I grew up then. We dusted daily AND we had maids to help, too.

I wouldnt think not long before this time, people probably didnt do too much dusting..

The upper class did. Everyone else was too busy trying to work to dust. Read some of the accounts of the English households. They had a flock of maids that dusted all the rooms on a daily basis.

One thing I noticed in my cleaning was, its not very practical. Sure you can wipe the surfaces clean. and greatly reduce what was there, but you stir alot of it up and wind up with a dusty rag or what have you. And as we all know the dust is back in a few weeks.

Have you seen those static dust collectors from stores like Sharper Image? Great stuff. Reduces household dust.

well ok am I putting too much thought into this or what?

Neh, but you're probably not a real history buff. If you want to read about horrific cleaning jobs, read about the great smogs and fogs of London, when coal fire stoves and ovens (for cooking and heating) coated the people and the buildings in gray soot and animals began dying from the coal dust in the air.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Erm, yeah. You're putting too much thought into this.

Killer dust? Perhaps not. There's only a few million tonnes of dust in the atmoshpere, roundabouts, compared the billions of tonnes of carbon dioxide. I think the worst dust could do would be if you were alergic to it.

If your that worried, buy an air purifier.

join