It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Building Massive Embassy in Baghdad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

BAGHDAD, Iraq - The fortress-like compound rising beside the Tigris River here will be the largest of its kind in the world, the size of
Vatican City, with the population of a small town, its own defense force, self-contained power and water, and a precarious perch at the heart of
Iraq's turbulent future.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

"The presence of a massive U.S. embassy — by far the largest in the world — co-located in the Green Zone with the Iraqi government is seen by Iraqis as an indication of who actually exercises power in their country," the International Crisis Group, a European-based research group, said in one of its periodic reports on Iraq.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It's six times larger than the UN compound in New York, why would they need such a large complex for Iraq? This is a sign that shows the US will be in the middle east for quite some time. It will be used as the central hub for when we expand our grasp further. KBR is bound to be one of the secret contractors working on the project, Cheney collects again $$$.

I would expect that no further invasions would occur until this building is completed in 2007 but with Bush you never know. Russia, China and some other countries will definitely have agents planting bugs in the buildings as we speak. I saw a program on the history channel about the US embassy in Russia and how they bugged it during construction.

mod edit to use "news" tags instead of "quote" tags
Quote Reference.
Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ**

[edit on 15-4-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
~~

i think its big/large....because that area of space is also a passive defense.

if the US is going to build a multi-million structure
just why would anyone make the staff personnel
and the structure itself vunerable to drive-up
car/truck bombs or even RPGs and NG StingerMissiles

'size isnt everything' as the saying goes.
That ~104 Acre Compound is well thought out, imo,
even with the fuzzy information being presented in
other media, that there is a developed version
of anti-missile-missiles which could guard/protect
that size of compound (or even Gulf shipping vessels)
with properly distanced setbacks from the perimeter fence
(or walls)

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
All I know is I wish all the fighting would stop.

Wouldnt it be nice to live in a world where you can go anywhere...see the various people and lifestyles, letting them be who they are.

Even getting from the U.S. to live in Europe is difficult as there are all the various rules to keep Americans on their turf, and make the E.U. another America. (Whatever)

There should be no borders and people should just enjoy life. The rat race, what is it good for? Sure, have it as an alternative, but not to impose it on everyone.

join