It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cash for Peerages - Criminal Investigations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
BBC - Article and lots of links to various articles

Another decade, same old sleeze. Obviously this is a problem no matter what party is in power. A Political party depends on money from private sponsors for campaigning and its survival. I think it's disgraceful that money, in essence, could buy a peerage. However I dont want parties to be state funded either, I do want to see whoever got their hands dirty in this get their balls busted, and all parties to work together and tighten up legislation regarding political funding.

Easier said then done obviously considering this has been going on so long now.. I'd like to hear your thoughts on state/private funding, and the rampant cronyism we have in Parliment, Parties and the House of Lords.

Or we could talk about how Cameron/Blair/Labour/Conservatives are corrupt and all that, just reply and say what you feel!

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Wont you always have a situation where people will want to support those in power, and they can do this by giving money to fund the party.

State funding sounds an awful idea, and all you will get is another department having to be set up to check that it is being spent correctly and then there will be a row over state funding being mis-spent by parties.

Aint this just going round in circles, just leave the whole system alone

join