It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where have all the children Gone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
missingkids.com

To date two such studies have been completed. The first National Incidence Studies of Missing, Abducted, Runaway, and Thrownaway Children (NISMART-1) was released in 1990, and the second, known as NISMART-2, was released in October 2002. According to NISMART-2 research, which studied the year 1999, an estimated 797,500 children were reported missing; 58,200 children were abducted by nonfamily members; 115 children were the victims of the most serious, long-term nonfamily abductions called "stereotypical kidnappings"; and 203,900 children were the victims of family abductions.

What has happened to the other 500,000 or so ?

[edit on 14-4-2006 by aliencowboy]

mod edit to use external quote code, please review this link
mod edit to shorten link

[edit on 14-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The thing is, most of the "missing" children reported by these organizations are children who were taken by one of the divorced parents, and they're not really missing at all. But because they were taken against the wishes of their other parent, they qualify as "abducted."

Think about it, man. If some kid really goes unexpectedly missing, it makes the national news! Particularly if they're young blonde chicks. So how many total missing kids does that come to during the course of a year? A dozen or two, maybe, tops.

These missing children organizations have an agenda, and it's usually to make tax-free money from contributions. Don't worry about it.

It sure ain't aliens abducting them. It's Daddy.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The article states that only 203,000 were taken by family members so what has happened to the rest of the 500,000 missing children. Thats alot of missing kids!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Last I read, these children were being fed to the Reptilians living at the New World Order base under Denver International Airport!

Or are these children being used in brothels for neoconservative pedophiles and Larry King?

Or maybe they are being sold as sex slaves in the overseas black market?

Were those the kinds of explanations you were aiming for? Because I've read all three of those, and many more, right here on ATS over the years.

Why don't you just tell us what YOUR opinion is regarding these missing children is! I'm wondering if you even have one, or if you're just looking for answers and haven't really decided on a theory yet.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Why don't you just tell us what YOUR opinion is regarding these missing children is! I'm wondering if you even have one, or if you're just looking for answers and haven't really decided on a theory yet.

I have to assume that because OP put this in "Aliens & UFOs" that they think aliens are somehow responsible for all these "missing" kids. Like somehow we wouldn't notice that all these kids were being beamed aboard flying saucers in the middle of the night.

"Hey, where's little Suzie? Did she get abducted by aliens?"
"Yes, I'm sure that's exactly what happened. Not that my ex-husband took her for the weekend and instead of bringing her back, went to Arkansas."
"Perhaps we should inform the news, organize search parties."
"Nah. The aliens will bring her back once they're done with her."

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Also keep in mind that these reports were for missing children, not children that were never found.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
home.columbus.rr.com...

Check out this link on mutalations and missing children

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Thanks, Alien. I'll look at the report, and then edit this message with my thoughts on the article.

Ok, I read it.

This is a terrible possibility. The only way I can think to investigate it with reason would be to first determine how many missing child cases go unresolved, how many are probably domestic in nature, and how many are still unresolved or result in a body.

Do this for many different communities. Then look for a pattern across the nation in question. If there is a similar rate of unsolved, non-domestic cases, then there might be a statistical argument for the national distribution.

ONe possibility would be human nature. Another would be a systematic activity, which would fall in line with the proposition of your concern.

I don't know if such data is available, and at what scale, but will probably look into it.

[edit on 14-4-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Just because they were reported as missing, doesn't meam they weren't subsequently found

But I'd guess the majority were teenagers running away from home for one reason or another.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Just because they were reported as missing, doesn't meam they weren't subsequently found

But I'd guess the majority were teenagers running away from home for one reason or another.

What I was going to say......

I bet next months wages that 80+% of the reported missing were subsequently found, alive and well, within a week.

top topics

join