It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screnshots from Mythbuster's UFO (photos)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Hi, I finally got some screenshots from the MythBusters: Steel Toe Amputation DVD where a silver UFO is in the background, at one time quite close as you see from the screenshots.

The DVD is available here : shopping.discovery.com... for those who might want to do a full video-capture of the scenes.

34 min 36 sec into the DVD:

32 min 35 sec into the DVD:

It also is in the background at 32 min 58 seconds but it is even further away.

Thanks to www.imageshack,us for hosting images for free.

Any ideas?

[edit on 14-4-2006 by anorwegianguy1972]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Im thinking the guy in the boat had a real good view as it looks pretty close to him. Someone should email them. I am somewhat suspicious of the pranks these guys might pull though. At the end of the show the credits list names of the crew on set.
With a little research you could contact one or two Im sure for any observations. Looks Weird though.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I saw that not too many weeks ago. Nevver noticed a UFO though. But then again I wasnt looking for a UFO either, heh.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Ok I just watched that show (on computer, but only for that purpose) and found the UFO one three more occasions.

When the speaker say "year 50, san fransisco" and the camera pans to the right you can see it just above the bridge in the background.

Just after that it skips to the next scene with the girl leaning towards a fence, if you zoom in (this is a TV rip, not the DVD one, so it might show better on the DVD one) you see something Just at the white buildings top right corner blinking slowly.. with approx. a 2 second interwall. It looks like it might be a spinning effect, because it fades in and out, unlike a signal light attached to aircrafts. But I might be wrong, the blinking may very well be something attached to the buildings roof.

Then there's a short moment when the speaker says "the launch profile" where you can barely see it above the white building I talked abuot.

I have to say though, the silvery one matches what a blimp looks like to me, so that makes it all the more possible that both of the UFOs are indeed blimps. Nothing that big goes unnoticed, and even though we have the DVD it doesn't show clearly what it is.

When the girl is leaning towards a fence

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
this is a TV rip, not the DVD one, so it might show better on the DVD one

I downloaded a torrent file so I don't have the DVD either, the DVD probably has a better resulution. The version I have is a 512 x 304 resultion one.

[edit on 14-4-2006 by anorwegianguy1972]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
We have the same one then. But you're right, the discovery channel is bound to have more footage of this phenomenon, and at even greater resolution (analog > digital). If you're not gonna mail them I will.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
We have the same one then. But you're right, the discovery channel is bound to have more footage of this phenomenon, and at even greater resolution (analog > digital). If you're not gonna mail them I will.

As I mentioned in my firt post one can buy the DVD from Discovery here :

shopping.discovery.com...

I don't have the software or skills to do a full DVD rip myself, was kind of hoping someone else would do it for me, I'm lazy you see

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Why spend money on DVDs when there's a possobility of getting it directly from the source?

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Image #1, #2, and #3 all show the same blimp. Upon zooming picture #3 one can see there are many horizontal grooves running along the side. These grooves are what material would be folded inward and worked with to create a good seam. The people who make pool floats do something similar but on a smaller scale that give their floats many tubes of air. You can also see there are small extrusions at the left end giving the appearance of tail-fins. I could not find a good picture of a similar blimp but this is a blimp nonetheless.

Image #4 and #5 look like two pictures of the same blimp. Notice in image #4 that the left side of the object is slightly thinner than the right side. Also notice there is a dark spot on the bottom that is near the horizontal center but slightly closer to the fatter end on the right. The coloring at the thinner end is so close to that of the sky that I cannot make out any details of a tail-fin but I am fairly certain they are there. Please note the similarities between my description and what the Good Year blimp looks like. Heck, imagine the Good Year blimp that lacked the advertising on the side and it a near perfect match for image #4. Image #5 is a picture of the same blimp at a different perspective after it has moved a little further from the camera.

I don't see anything here that would warrant bothering the people involved at Myth Busters. If you are going to contact them just ask them to debunk some of the myths you heard, more Myth Busters episodes never hurt

new topics

top topics

join