It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested after burning "Mexican-flag"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   

A Tucson man was arrested Tuesday for his role in the burning of a Mexican flag as part of a counterprotest at a pro-immigration rally.
At about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Tucson police cited Roy Warden, 58, on suspicion of assault, criminal damage and reckless burning, and then released him, according to Sgt. Decio Hopffer.
Video footage shot Monday by police and the media showed Warden assaulting a TV cameraman and a photographer, Hopffer said. Because only one of the men pressed charges, there is only one assault charge.

www.azstarnet.com...

OK that' it..............burn the american falg and its "free speech" but burn the "Fracking" Mex flag and get arrested?

He should have punched the TV crew out.................

Wake up america the invasion is over.........WAR for our country is being waged.

NUMBERS..............the number of americans working is approximately 200 million..............200 million...............the number of "illegals" is 12 million, but they don't all work!!!!!!!!!!! Say 75% work ( a high number). That would be 9 million out of 200 million.

4.5% of the workforce are Illegal............4.5% that's all..............what about the other 95.5%? Who speaks for US............?

Any congressman who does NOT vote to throw out every stinking illegal should be impeached, recalled, what ever it takes..............including BUSH!

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
he wasn't arrested for burning the flag per se, but for reckless burning...it could have been anything being burned and the charge would have been the same. He was also charged with assault for assaulting the camera crew. You're making a big deal out of nothing really.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Two girls on the other side were arrested for throwing water at him too, so it's not a one sided thing. To be honest, if I started to burn anything out in the open the cops are goona arrest me, or at least ticket me.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hmmm...he got arrested on assault charges and you're saying it was for burning the flag? Get a clue thermopolis. Yes, one of the charges is for reckless fire but the main charge is assault.

The thread title is misleading (pretty much just like all your thread titles therm). Mods?

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Survey Says...

Originally posted by Griff
The thread title is misleading (pretty much just like all your thread titles therm). Mods?

While I think it is perhaps less than ingenuous to suggest that burning a Mexican flag was the sole reason Mr. Warden was arrested, the title of this thread is consistent with the original title of the article:

City man arrested after Mexican-flag burning

From a purely linguistic standpoint, the title is correct: Mr. Warden was indeed arrested after burning a Mexican flag.

However, it is clear from the article that he was not arrested only for doing that.

So in my opinion, there's no basis for renaming the thread.

YMMV.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I agree the man was arrested for assault as he should have been it's against the law period. As for the burning issue it was for reckless burning not for what he was burning. However, I can agree to removing illegals from this country no matter the country of orgin. Please note the word illegal.

top topics

join