It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The F-35

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Do you think the F-35 will ever make it into service? I'm surprised they built it at all. They should just sick with the Harrier.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The F-35 is starting to roll off the line now. The first production ones have been built. The Harrier is old, and requires a lot of service.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
That's true but I still think that they may have to redesign it or something. They might consider reseaching a new way to make it hover without making it use so much fuel.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The F-35 is a unique aircraft when it comes to how it has been designed, built and procured.

Joint Strike Fighter

If the JSF comes off as well as the DOD hopes it will be a world beating aircraft. I find that people are willing to jump all over this craft for its perceived flaws but as mentioned before its only now coming online. Only 5yrs after the contract was awarded. The F-22 took what 8yrs to reach production.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The "A" variant is still several years away from being operational, but it will get there, The Harrier is an old jet, and is in need of replacement. The F-35 is "supposedly" going to replace a whole heap of aircraft...but we all know it wont. The F-16's will keep flying, theres no chance that the A-10s are going to retire, and the F-18s aren't stopping for probably 2 decades, But the aircraft is needed, and will definitely make the Harrier obsolete.

Heres the Lockheed built F-35's life, from concept, to Prototype, to complete (almost).

new topics

top topics

join