It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Christ of ever been a Citizen for any Country/Empire?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Wrong Gospel.

It was in the Gospel of John in which Christ started to become much more personal, you know the mushy mushy stuff. The earlier Gospels talk of the more historically accurate Jesus. Jesus' did die for our individual sins but he was killed by the State.

Being tried and convicted by the government in which he lived, don't kid yourself even though the Israelis still had their culture, they took orders from Rome!

This was as much of a rebellion against authority(a warning against the coruption of government) As it was about the individual's sins.

Man's sins manifested through it's own device, government as an institution. Hence Jesus' death not only warns us to love thy neighbor and follow the 10 commandments but was also a warning to watch out for Man's demise, honoring fake gods/icons(man's creation). Or any other attempt to play God/Judge. I believe whenever man is attempting to play Judge(God) he will always mistakingly error in judgement since they have incomplete understandings of God's real message.

Hence anyone with a concept of Justice will eventually be proven wrong. To me that goes hand in hand with worshiping false idols, does that make sense?

[edit on 12-4-2006 by Low Orbit]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I would propose that the culture and the society did not matter in any way. God is the Alpha and the Omega, unchanging. His justice is not influenced by any nation's culture, no matter how prevalent. Also, like most of Israel's prophets, Christ was not really considered a good citizen of Israel (though Rome occupied Israel, it still maintained a cultural bubble outside of Roman society as a whole). He told the people hard truths. He continually told the Jewish leadership at the time, the scriptural scholars, that He was divine. Blasphemy if He wasn't the messiah, and Caiaphas did not want to lose control.

You also need to know that Israel and the Jewish leadership had changed their worship of God into a legalistic series of rights, instead of a relationship. Abraham did not have the Law, yet was considered a friend of God's. Moses was a friend to God. It wasn't a series of dos and don'ts, but a relationship God had sought with His people. At Jesus' time, there is plenty of evidence that the Jews had become extremely legalistic. Like Revelation 2:2-5 says to the church at Ephesus, He held the same thing against the Jews at the time:

2I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked men, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. 3You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary. 4Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love.

There was even a sect in the Jewish leadership, of which Saul (soon to be Paul) was a part, that believed that if they could get every Jew to observe every law in the Torah and Talmud for 24 hours, it would bring the Messiah. It was rules to obey to know God, when God is a personal God who wants us to primarily love Him. The rest will follow. He does not want us to forsake our first love.

Jesus came as the ultimate sin sacrifice, but he also spent 3 and a third years in ministry, teaching Israel what God really wanted from them: Their devotion, their reverence, their love. He died for us. We love Him because He first loved us (1 John 4:19). He is our God, He is our savior, He is our hope, He is our friend.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Wrong Gospel.

It was in the Gospel of John in which Christ started to become much more personal, you know the mushy mushy stuff. The earlier Gospels talk of the more historically accurate Jesus. Jesus' did die for our individual sins but he was killed by the State.

Being tried and convicted by the government in which he lived, don't kid yourself even though the Israelis still had their culture, they took orders from Rome!

This was as much of a rebellion against authority(a warning against the coruption of government) As it was about the individual's sins.

Man's sins manifested through it's own device, government as an institution. Hence Jesus' death not only warns us to love thy neighbor and follow the 10 commandments but was also a warning to watch out for Man's demise, honoring fake gods/icons(man's creation). Or any other attempt to play God/Judge. I believe whenever man is attempting to play Judge(God) he will always mistakingly error in judgement since they have incomplete understandings of God's real message.

Hence anyone with a concept of Justice will eventually be proven wrong. To me that goes hand in hand with worshiping false idols, does that make sense?

p.s. I'm an idiot. I didnt realize I was writing a revise in my first quote so, accidentally I erased it. Sorry.

That basic argument is could Jesus in any Country or Empire throughout history of lived his life to duration as a good "citizen"not a good "person.(Jesus being good is not under debate, Jesus is!, what is under debate is if he was a good citizen, a rule follower"

Because I would see that eventually one society's rules would eventually go againsts Christ in which Christ needs to let everyone know so that he can die for us and so that we can live on.

join