It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Forget about Civil War in Iraq- One is coming to America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Source

While American troops are hunkered down in "safe zones" in Iraq trying to stay out of an escalating civil war, our government seems oblivious to a growing threat of civil war right here in the United States. As anyone can see, millions of illegal aliens living here are becoming more vocal, more demonstrative, more belligerent, and more violence-prone by the day. Unless our government takes deliberate and significant action immediately, America could be in for serious civil unrest real soon.

It is absolutely incredible that our government would tolerate people who are not even legal residents of our country to generate the kind of mass demonstrations and protests that we are witnessing on a daily basis! It is more than incredible; it is outrageous!

I think this will come to pass. Shades of John Titor?

Do you think we are headed towards Civil War here in the U.S.?

**If this has already been posted, feel free to delete**

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I can't say that I'm afraid of any of those marchers, actually. I know many immigrants (Mexico and Central America) where I work and they are for the most part humble, gracious and respectful people.

If there's a Civil War, it won't be started by the immigrans, illegal or not. Whether one is started BECAUSE of immigrants is another issue.

Besides, there are plenty of hot-headed rednecks who are ready to blow them all to hell anyway... the war wouldn't last long.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by firebat

Besides, there are plenty of hot-headed rednecks who are ready to blow them all to hell anyway... the war wouldn't last long.
That could be the problem right there......

I guess we will see.... Some suggested shooting them as they crossed the border...
Ummm...this is getting ugly.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Besides, there are plenty of hot-headed rednecks who are ready to blow them all to hell anyway....

I don't consider myself a hot-headed redneck. I am becoming increasingly sensitive and/or resentful of the way current immigrants are tending to behave.
I personally have experienced situations, here in the United States, where I was left feeling like I didn't belong because I am not fluent in Spanish. One personal example: At a world famous fast-food restaurant right outside of D.C., I was unable to get service because either nobody could speak or would speak English!! I also know enough Spanish to know that insults were being made pertaining to this (ie., Gringo, Tejano, etc.). I am not unique in this experience.
Any immigrant that want's to come to this country and assimilate is always welcome in my opinion. However, many of our most recent additions seem to be intent on changing the US to suit their needs.
Note that in the most recent immigration protests, the demonstrators were instructed to wave American flags, so as to give the "impression" of patriotism. This as opposed to the previous rallies in which flags of "Aztlan" were prominent and the tone much more hostile to America.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by passenger

Besides, there are plenty of hot-headed rednecks who are ready to blow them all to hell anyway....

I don't consider myself a hot-headed redneck. I am becoming increasingly sensitive and/or resentful of the way current immigrants are tending to behave.
I personally have experienced situations, here in the United States, where I was left feeling like I didn't belong because I am not fluent in Spanish. One personal example: At a world famous fast-food restaurant right outside of D.C., I was unable to get service because either nobody could speak or would speak English!! I also know enough Spanish to know that insults were being made pertaining to this (ie., Gringo, Tejano, etc.). I am not unique in this experience.
Any immigrant that want's to come to this country and assimilate is always welcome in my opinion. However, many of our most recent additions seem to be intent on changing the US to suit their needs.
Note that in the most recent immigration protests, the demonstrators were instructed to wave American flags, so as to give the "impression" of patriotism. This as opposed to the previous rallies in which flags of "Aztlan" were prominent and the tone much more hostile to America.

All valid points and I would definately agree with contuining discussions on figuring this problem out, with input from ALL sides of the issue. But when I said "hot-headed rednecks ready to blow them away," I wasn't been figurative. THOSE are the people who should be just as worried about, IMO. They may be U.S. citizens... but they're dangerous people.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The illegals coming here want to work not fight. Despite 12+ million illegals crime has been steadily dropping for the last 10+ years. While I would support mass deportations, it doesn’t look as thought the political will for such a thing can be mustered.

Border security will be increased, new employer sanctions will be instituted and the illegals will be give some path to citizenship.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
True, we do have various sorts of dangerous and irrational people here already. What I am trying to express is that some of the immigrants are encouraging people to join that camp when they behave in a certain manner.
It's sort of analagous to prison. Upon entering, you may be the most mild-mannered, non-racist person going. However, you'll quickly find that established racial groups, of whatever type, will prey upon you unless you are affilliated with a racial gang. The situation in effect forces people to join with radical groups in an attempt for self-defense, of whatever sort. The same process often happens in civil wars. Those caught on the sides are pushed into the various camps out of a real or perceived neccessity. The same process is also in motion with Islam and the West. I am not trying to make excuses for anyone, just to say that things can quickly get out of control if the problem is not resolved without violence beforehand.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I think our big problem is how long we have ignored this situation
and let all these people enter the US we don't know about. Then
hundreds of thousands of them protest in the streets for their right
to be here. No way to be proactive now, we are going have to get some
kind of a census of how many total are here and maybe give them
somekind of amnesty to get their personal info. Otherwise it looks like we could be overrun with border crossings.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I want you to understand, i am not knocking so called "Rednecks"

Can we keep that out of this thread? I'd rather call them disgruntled citizens. People who have had it with the borders.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
When you say illegal aliens...I do assume you mean immigrants and not extraterrestrials lol.

Anyway, here's a thought for ya, maybe the government WANTS a civil war.

Civil war leads to morarchy of sorts, which is exactly what bush wants.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I want you to understand, i am not knocking so called "Rednecks"

Can we keep that out of this thread? I'd rather call them disgruntled citizens. People who have had it with the borders.

I concur. I was referring to it in the sense of a common euphemism for a racist. If you wish to use a broader terminology I will do so. It makes more sense to do so.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manincloak
When you say illegal aliens...I do assume you mean immigrants and not extraterrestrials lol.

Anyway, here's a thought for ya, maybe the government WANTS a civil war.

Civil war leads to morarchy of sorts, which is exactly what bush wants.

And big corporations as Wal-Mart and a lot of them don't want the immigrants to be legal as they would want a good salary... So I'm sure that corporations lobbies are against any kind of change.. let them illegal, it's what corporations wants and when we know how the lobbies are powerful at the white house...

[edit on 12-4-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I have a strong opinion on this subject. If theyre Illegal get rid of them. They have no LEGAL right to be here in the first place, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. And can we stop saying that "rednecks" are dangerous people. I happen to be one of those who is stereotyped as a redneck. Not saying I'm not one, but not in the stereotypical fasion. It doesnt make me a racist or a bigot, but the fact is these people are here illegally. Who was the politician saying we shoulnt be making felons out of these people? Kind of a rhetorical question isnt it? When the fact is, its a felony to come into this country illegally. Its clear cut and dry. Its the law, and thats what most of us abide by isnt it, so I dont see how this is any different. Stand up for the laws of our nation, no exceptions.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Oh and I forgot to mention the companies who hire them. They need to be dealt with harshly, and make a statement that helping others break our laws, as well as breaking them yourself will not be tollerated.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This is being discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Please add your comments to this thread, already in progress. Thank you.

Thread closed.

top topics

join