It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hellfire society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The last I heard from them was that they disbanded shortly before the civil war. But I have heard many conflicting rumors. Any one care to enlighten a new member I figure most of you will know about the old H and F so I won't bother with an overview. Just a little help would be good thank you in advance.

Also i have heard people say it was revived as the hermantic library of luxor.

[edit on 11-4-2006 by Ligeia]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Never heard of these guys before.

Maybe you could enlighten us about what you know so far and maybe we could help you out alittle more.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Ahh, the "Naughty" Hellfire Club! From what I gather it was an exclusive club for wealthy afficianados with a , shall we say, somewhat exotic taste in erotic experiences.

I think it was popular during the Uber repressed 19th Century.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
You mean the HellFire Club?

The Hellfire Club was an exclusive English club that met irregularly from 1746 to around 1763, run by Sir Francis Dashwood. In popular legend they held notorious, orgiastic and satanic meetings at Medmenham Abbey, beside the Thames.

The term was not invented by the 1750 club; they first met to celebrate an earlier club founded in 1720 by Charles Edward. Other clubs using the name were set up throughout the 18th century.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.blather.net.../cat_the_hellfire_club.htm
easyweb.easynet.co.uk...
www.deadlyphoto.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
There was a real Hellfire Club? I had no idea.
Marvel Comics have had the X-men battling the Hellfire club since 1980.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
There used to be a nightclub in Melbourne that held a night called the Hellfire Club. You could have a boog on the dancefloor, then get a jolly good lashing in the spanking room.
I kid you not.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yep, it had numerous links to Satanism. A lot of "famous" people went to the HellFire Club (in the 1700s). A famous show, "Most Haunted" spent 24 hours at the Hellfire Club..

this infamous club became a cult name for modern times, with Comic books, night clubs, tv shows using the name

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Ahh. right hellfire ClUb. but i mean what i heard is that they became hermantic library of luxor.... anyone heard of this?

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
in all probability they went on to become MANY different names for the same thing. as a modern example the Bohemia Club jumps right to the front in my mind. you get the idea.

look here also easyweb.easynet.co.uk...

[edit on 29-7-2007 by metalmessiah]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
There is no such thing as the Hermanic Library of Luxor.

There is the Hermetic Brotherhood of Luxor, apparently founded in 1870 and being very much in the Aleister Crowley vein.

There is a Hermetic Virtual Library based in Portland, OR.

There is a Hermetic Society of Luxor, though they really seem to have nothing in common with Hellfire-esque antics in any way.

Any of these seem familiar?

top topics

join