It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity and *gasps* deception...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I ran into this while I was searching for something else, and I thought it was interesting enough to post here. Even though it's directed at black Christians, I think all should read.

Here's a small quote and the link to the page...

DECEPTION #1 - JESUS AND JEHOVAH ARE THE NAMES OF THE FATHER AND SON,
IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT NAME YOU CALL THEM.

How can you think the names of salvation doesn't matter, would you allow me to call you any name I like? Would you allow your boss to put any name he liked on your pay check? NO, you wouldn't, so why do you think we can give the creator any name we want. Jesus and Jehovah are not the names of the father and son. These names come from the adversary Satan. The father and son both have Hebrew names this is confirmed in the original Hebrew text, and in your KJV. In the book of Psalms 68:4 we read this:
Psalms 68:4 Sing unto the Almighty, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name YAH, and rejoice before him.

www.angelfire.com...

I'd love to hear the responses to this...

[edit on 12-4-2006 by dmnqfndl]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Lies straight from the deceiver, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
Lies straight from the deceiver, nothing more, nothing less.

Lies? What's Lies? Elaborate...

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   

would you allow me to call you any name I like?

I would. I wouldn't care what you call me, so long as I know you're talking about me. You can call me Bob, Phil, or even %@#^ (just don't call me late for dinner!). What do I care?

Would you allow your boss to put any name he liked on your pay check? NO, you wouldn't,

No, I wouldn't, only because the bank would not allow me to use that pay check. Otherwise, see the above response.

The logic used sounds, on the surface, solid. However, God calls himself by many names as well. He is known as El (mighty God), Elohim (plural, used with singular verbs for El), El Shaddai (God Almighty), Adonai (Lord or Master), Jehovah (Yahweh, covenant name), Jehovah-Jireh (Lord will Provide), Jehovah-Rophe (Lord who Heals), Jehovah-Nissi (The Lord our Banner), Jehovah-M'Kaddesh (The Lord Who Sanctifies), Jehovah-Shalom (The Lord our Peace), Shepherd, Judge, Jehovah Elohim (Lord God), Jehovah-Tsidkenu (The Lord Our Righteousness), Jehovah-Rohi (The Lord our Shepherd), Jehovah-Shammah (The Lord is There), Jehovah-Sabaoth (Lord of Hosts), El Elyon (Most High), Abhir (Mighty One), Branch, Kadosh (Holy One), Shaphat (Judge), El Roi (God of Seeing), Kanna (Jealous), Palet (Deliverer), Yesha (Savior), Gaol (Redeemer), Magen (Shield), Stone, Eyaluth (Strength), Tsaddiq (Righteous One), El-Olam (Everlasting God), El-Berith (God of the Covenant), El-Gibhor (Mighty God), Zur (God our Rock), Ancient of Days, Wonderful Counselor, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, The Sun of Righteousness, Melekh (King), The Angel of the Lord, Father, Alpha and Omega (The First and Last), Kurios (Lord), Despotes (Lord), Theos (God, greek Elohim), I AM, Theotes (Godhead), Soter (Savior), Logos (Word), Pantokrator (Almighty), Y'shua (Jesus, Jehova is Salvation), Meshiach (Christ, The Anointed One), Shepherd of the Sheep, Master, King of kings, Lord of lords, Bishop and Guardian of our Souls, Daystar, Deliverer, Advocate, Second Adam, Ancient of Days, Branch, Chief Cornerstone, Immanuel, First Born, Head of the Body, Physician, Rock, Root of Jesse, Stone, Potentate, Chief Apostle, Great High Priest, Pioneer and Perfector of our Faith, Lamb of God, Lamb Slain before the Foundation of the World, Lord God Almighty.

Those are all (I believe) the ways God and Christ are referred to in all of scripture. This means one of two things. Either everyone from Abraham to Moses to Peter got it wrong and this guy with his website figured out the truth, or the website is wrong. Considering (I'm assuming) the author relies on scripture in professing their belief, I'm going to guess they haven't really looked at all the way God is spoken to, praises sung to, etc. in the Bible. Considering David, when he wrote Psalm 68, used Elohim, Jehovah (actually, he used Yahh, which is the shortened version of JHVH), and calls him "Him who rides through the deserts" in that very verse the author quoted, I'm going to say that their interpretation is incorrect.

[edit on 4/11/06/11 by junglejake]

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I really don't even want to waste my time taking this trash apart. The whole thing is just a play on words straight from the deceiver himself.

Like this pitiful sentence: You can't find one scripture that states that the Messiah was a Christian.

The word Christian didn't come about until years after the Christ had risen from the dead. They are just the believers in the risen Messiah. Why would the Messiah be a Christian, he is the Christ.

DECEPTION #2. - Christianity is from the bible. That's not true my people, you can't find one scripture that states the Messiah was a Christian, or He was the founder of Christianity. The prophecies of the coming messiah, mention nothing about him starting a new religion.Lies? What's Lies? Elaborate...

Do yourself a favor and forget you ever saw this trash. It's not worth even wasting my time on.

[edit on 11-4-2006 by Sun Matrix]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
source:

angelfire.com

free hosting, "5 minute knock up", not a good thing to source from.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   
God understands all nationalities and languages:-) HE really is literate in heart language.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Yaweh, Yaveh, God, Father, Lord God Almighty, Lord Jesus Christ

new topics

top topics

join