It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The History of the Swastika

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Here is a swastica rock carving, on Ilkley moor. Which is in West Yorkshire. A bronze age or Iron age carving.

Heres a link to a site showing some photos and also info on it.

www.stone-circles.org.uk...

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I really was hoping you were going to upload a picture too. I actually have a Tibetan one tattooed on my back because I want people to ask me about it so I can educate and empower people away from the propagandized ignorant view point shoved into the education system of American schools.

the one I have on my back. I feel like it has brought me a lot of good fortune as I have just adopted a much more positive attitude and personality ever since I got it. Could be in my head, but I feel like it blesses me.

If you email me the picture you took from your phone, I can go ahead an upload it for you.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

Nice tat! I know how to upload here...my problem is blue tooth between
me cell phone & computer. Last week it was a pain & many tries but eventually
uploaded some pictures. Wireless wasn't working last week & I had to do a
restore dated back to 22 July...wireless working but devices are reading
cell phone (camera) by a different name so I am unable to upload photo.

I will keep trying as I really want to post this beautiful piece of work. I have never seen
anything like it & was grateful to come across the OP's post. I am thankful it was recently
hit or I never would have known anything about the history. Thank you OP!

And thank you for all responses!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I recently came across another representation of the Swastika as it relates to ancient astrology and astronomy. It is a visual representation of Ursa Major as it proceeds through the year and as it does it forms a 90 degree angle at the "four cardinal points" of the equinoxes and the solstices while centered on the pole star.

It actually moves the entire year, but you get what I mean.

=2581605&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0]Sw astika

edit on 18-8-2013 by sharkman because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2013 by sharkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
At first it was a link to malware. But it went to the picture after. Whats that all about?? Anyways it looks pretty cool.
edit on 8/19/2013 by DYepes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

DYepes,

It is a representation of the rotation of Ursa Major, the Big Dipper. It shows how the constellation rotates throughout the year. While it rotates thru the year the 3rd star in the Dipper handle,Mizar actually spins in an Axis and during the different times of the year it can be shown to make the sign of the Swastika.

The red lines of the drawing show the Big Dipper,Ursa Major and the blue lines show where the Swastika gets it shape.

Virtually every major symbol or sign used by practically every culture in history has a solar or celestial counterpart or interpretation. You have to figure that the night sky was really the "Internet" of the day. People didn't get very many distractions from the grind of daily survival, so looking at the rotating sky at night was some pretty awesome entertainment. It still beats watching crap like "Big Brother" or "Entertainment Tonight"!

edit on 19-8-2013 by sharkman because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2013 by sharkman because: Can't Spell!

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
well the good news is when the power goes out we can turn on the sky!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It is also found in Norse mythology, where it represents Thors Hammer which in turn represnt stenght.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join