It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

seeing things in blue sky

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
Wig

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Angelwings

Your flashes are IMO just seen by you, when you asked if other people saw them too you probably got some sort of "conditioned" answer, by this I mean that when something is suggested to others they will want to see what you see and they will interpret the slightest thing to be what they "think" you mean.

I noticed the other day when moving my eyes in daylight the sky does momentarily "flash" of a sort, it's just the eye moving. I think that this is what your friends saw when they say they see it too.

But you also see it in the dark? I think you might have something wrong with your eyes or optic nerve.

If there really is nothing wrong with your eyes, and other people see them in the dark with you, then the only thing I can come up with are "Iridium Flares" which is when you get a bright flash from the sun glinting off a satelite in space they can be seen in the daytime too.

The next time you get a flash note the exact time then look at the website heavens-above.com enter your exact latitude and longitude and check for predicted Iridium Flares.

d1k

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
entopic phenomenon...???
www.eye-floaters.com...

Thanks a ton for this link. I to have this and wondered if I was going crazy. Very reassuring reading this article, especially with the sentence saying it's actually a good sign seeing these.

Thanks again for this.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Wig
Thanks for the info you gave, I will do just that if we see them again! But after doing my daily visits to certain sites, I recently read up, on a Comet Nasa said, which broke up into 3 dozen pieces! They said even prior to this, the comet could have been breaking off small pieces and that would explain many bright light sightings people have been reporting.
Do you think it could be that? What I am others been seeing? Since yes it was at night too, I have to say my gut feeling is meteor's.
All has been quiet with sightings for awhile, but if it starts up again, I bet it does have to do with this, especially Nasa said we should start see meteor showers around the 4th. So keep your eyes looking up at night, should be quite a show, if they happen to swing by our part of the globe!
Thanks Again
Angel
Edit: On the signature you mentioned to me, Thanks oh well it sounded so interesting, and I love subjects about time or time travel etc. facinates me!

[edit on 30-4-2006 by AngelWings9999]

Wig

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by d1kwww.eye-floaters.com...

Thanks a ton for this link. I to have this and wondered if I was going crazy.

It might be this explanation, but this does not explain why they can be blurred at first and then focused upon to become pinpoints of light........how is that possible?

If you look up this phenomenon on wiki you will see they say the pinpoints pass along blood vessels (capillaries) and as such "follow clearly defined paths" well certainly not in my experience they don't, they are completely random and do loop the loops dramatically change direction randomly.

So for me the explanation given either does not make sense OR is reffering to a different phenomenon.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I went to a science museum once, in Boston.
They had a display, where you sat down, and placed this mounted flashlight thing against the side of your eye, it was yellow, a bright yellow light. I think.
It caused the inside of your eye to be lit up in that color.

Then, another light, this one was a black light, was shone directly into your pupil.
You could see all the white blood cells swimming around in your eye. It was really weird,
here are these things, that are acting like independent animals, but they are actually part of your own body.

Anyway, I notice the exact same effect, to a lesser degree, when looking at a blue sky.
It seems a little more intense if I am Flying in a commercial airliner and looking out the window. Must be more ultra-violet up there.

Does that sound like what you see?

Wig

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubtDoes that sound like what you see?

Don't know, guess so, I'd have to experience it for myself to know. What you describe doesn't fit with the descriptions given of scheerers phenomenom (or whatever it's called) either.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Funny, I just read the description of Scheers phenomenon.
and I sounds like exaclty what I saw.
The colored lights were there to prevent the retina from "editing out" the blood cells.

Wig

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
From Wikipedia
"Scheerer's phenomenon is distinguished by the appearance of multiple, identical-looking bright dots that follow each other rapidly along the same path.......snip..........Floaters remain almost stationary or drift slowly and do not follow well-defined paths" and the link above says they are in capillaries so you would expect them to follow the capillaries, and capillaries don't move so....ergo they follow along paths.

From your description
"these things, that are acting like independent animals"

To repeat what I've said...........They can be focused in on or be blurred at will, what if they are cells in the retina is the physics that explains this. They are completely random and do not follow "well defined paths".

So to re-cap what you saw was undoubtedly cells, but, if you saw them travelling well defined paths then that is not what I see. You said "independant animals" which is why I said what you describe does not sound like scheerer's. As I said I would have to experience what you did in order to compare it with what I see.

[edit on 3/5/2006 by Wig]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsl4doc
The light and "stars" you see, especially when standing up too quickly, are caused by increased interocular pressure due to high blood pressure, a rush of blood, or sometimes just a freak jump in pressure. I get them too from time to time.

~MFP

This is exactly what this is. No strange stuff here...just simple biology.
You might want to have your blood pressure checked.
This happens to me if my blood pressure gets out of whack.
I always thought they looked like "white-neon-swimming-sperms"! LOL!

Wig

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerotolerance
This is exactly what this is. No strange stuff here...just simple biology.
You might want to have your blood pressure checked.
This happens to me if my blood pressure gets out of whack.
I always thought they looked like "white-neon-swimming-sperms"! LOL!

No you are wrong, if you bothered to read what I said throughout the thread in reply to bsl4doc, is that I drew a distinction between *the lights/stars that one sees when standing up* and *this phenomenon* which is there 24/7 - the dots are tiny pin ponts of light which move completely at random. Like bsl4doc you are coming to conclusions without understanding what I and others are saying. I wonder though if like bsl4doc you will then reply and ignore the the points I say in response?

and P.S. my blood pressure is fine, I've probably had complete physical check ups more time than you've had hot dinners. (not literally it's just an expression).

[edit on 3/5/2006 by Wig]

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
here is an article about sky sparklies.

p211.ezboard.com...

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
bsl4doc,
You are correct. I have HBP and I've seen these.

My Mom has HBP too and she said that when she sees them it means her blood pressure is very high.

I describe them as "Shooting Stars".

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I have seen what the poster described. They remind me of that old outer space screensaver where its like youre traveling through stars . They sort of look like sparks in your eyesight that shoot and then fizzle out. I get them after exercise sometimes or after I do something that gives me a rush.

[edit on 18-5-2006 by OctopusDr]

Wig

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Magicarose, & octopusdr,

Magica, you may well see something as a result of highblood pressure, but I have not got HBP, and I've seen these things for 15 - 20 years, Bsl4doc is wrong in that he does not explain what **I see** it has nothing to do with HBP.

Octopusdr,

What you see are "stars" caused by HBP for a brief time, a "headrush", I have seen these too, they are completely different to what I see in bluesky.

You are all welcome to think what you want, but so far it is obvious only a few people have described that they see what I see, the rest of you are trying to "explain" it with your own experiences, unfortunately you are attributing the wrong experience (usually related to HBP/headrush) to explain what *I see*.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Are you guys familier with a condition that has come to be know as 'Visual Snow'? Check out the website www.visualsnow.com... - the forums are particularly interesting.

Mod Edit: Fixed Link.

[edit on 2/6/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It is the liquid that coveres our eyes on the outside, i think.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Take a look about halfway down this page and see if the photo of the white streaks against the blue sky is similar to what you've seen.

Here is the link.

The photo, which is on the right of the page, looks like the photographer is holding his arm to block out the sun, so he can photograph these things...Just a thought...

Wig

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Deck,

Similar numbers of objects and similarly all going in random directions, but mine are not in straight lines - mine are completely random like (brownian motion - I think) and do not leave trails behind them, I can focus on mine and they become pin points of light, unfocused they are blurry and leave a hint of a trail in their path.

I get the impression they are very close to me like within 2 feet, but it is possible they are on or in my eye.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
hey wig, i'm pretty sure I see the same lights you do. They're most powerful in a clear blue sky and the colors and patterns are exactly the same.

I saw a documentary last night called "brain man" about a savant that sees answers in some sort of light pattern, but my lights don't tell me poop. I know it's not floaters because i have those too.

I'm also curious about pressure phosphenes. wikipedia says someone has made illustrations of these but i haven't been able to find them. I always see these when i close my eyes, even without pressure, and I always have great success in meditation by focusing on them.

hopefully soon i can make a video of the small bright lights darting in and out of existence to see exactly who else sees them. I've been reading up, and so far i think it has to do with a lack of oxygen in the brain, but your description has been the only accurate one of the phenomenon that i've found.

Anyways, if you want, feel free to send me a message with an email or something, i'd love to keep in touch with someone that is experiencing the same thing. And I really want to figure out what really is going on.

yaeya

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This is really weird but I was thinking about posting a thread on this about 2 days ago. I didn't know a thread already existed. I went over to the visual snow website and it appears that I have that syndrome. I can also see a little white illuminated line around my body when I concentrate. Get this I have had this since I was a little boy and I doubt that my mom was given me '___'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join