It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans above the law?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
This article may send some of you over the edge. Apparently you no longer have to follow the law or pay for a horrible crime if:
1. Your dad is a leader in the state republican party
2. You are doing your work for Jesus

Some of the sources come from blogs but everyone should be aware that we appear to have a double standard for who serves time for rape and who does not... State Senators sons do not.

"A 19 and 17 year old from Arizona, have been offered a plea deal which requires no jail time and virtually no penalty for crimes they admitted to commiting. What were these crimes? As counselors at a boys camp, the 19 and 17 year old punished 18 of the 11-14 year old boys by making them lay face down on their bed, in front of all the other boys, shoving a broomstick into their anus through their pants. Eighteen 11-14 year olds! And, no penalty despite the parents outrage.

One may ask how this could happen. It is really quite simple. The 19 year old, Ryan Bennett, is none other than the son of Arizona's Senate President, Ken Bennett, a Republican who is part of the effort to ban equal rights for same-sex couples in the state, viewing same-sex relationships as immoral...After his son's admission, Bennett wrote a letter to the D.A. handling the case informing her that his son could not rightfully serve time in jail, because he is prepared to leave the country on a mission - to teach the word of Christ to youth around the world..."

www.crooksandliars.com...

travisproulx.blogspot.com...

www.azcentral.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
While I certainly have disdain for the Republican party, you cannot just blame them for things like this. The Democrats get away with just as much... it's the name of the game, when it comes to politics.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
doesnt this sound a little suspicious? the son of the man that wants to ban same sex marriages is GAY?! OMG! ...........
seems like a "hey look at this hypocrites!" line.....

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Well the Jesuits use to spread Christianity at the end of the sword, this kid just prefers a broom stick instead.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Okay so I apologize if it looks like I am saying republicans are sex offenders (that was the comment made by a mod to justify moving the thread).

My point in showing this article was that we seem to have a double standard in our society today. Using Jesus to get someone out of trouble is a pretty old practice. We hear of many jail house conversions. We also hear that it does not work. Now having your daddy be the president of the AZ senate and a REPUBLICAN does seem to work. It is not my fault he is a republican, it is not my fault his party seems to think laws don't pertain to them any longer.

IF I could delete the thread I would.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by firebat
While I certainly have disdain for the Republican party, you cannot just blame them for things like this. The Democrats get away with just as much... it's the name of the game, when it comes to politics.

Like what? You hear this ALL the time, yet republicans never have anything but "Clinton cheated on his wife!" With an intern, willingly, and an adult, no crime. Yet sexually torturing children is a'ok to the republicans.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Devin: This is your whole argument everywhere you go.

This is all I see you do. Get some stones and come back to your thread. You remember, the one you couldn't back up.

Try that before you move on to other posts you won't be able to win.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
? My arguement is based on facts so yes that is my arguement. In fact you prove it, did you, or any republican bring a list? NO! Same under the annointed list of republicans having sex with kids, a republican answers "Dems just as bad!" Several people ask for a list, and none are given. An example of a kid getting drunk and his dad protecting him came, but nothing with Dems raping kids. So again my arguement holds true, the republicans SAY something, but have nothing but "Clinton got a BJ! SO its ok for Bush to accidently nuke England because Clinton cheated on his wife. What? Bush just got caught sacrificing babies to Satan? its ok because dems do the same!" List? "Clinton had sex with an intern!"

Also, which thread? I have a few everywhere on this site, ATS, BTS, and PTS. Sorry if my busy schedule keeps me from responding every five minutes.

top topics

join