It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on Terror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This article may seem like old news (its Sept 2003) but I think its a nice logical recap of the "War on Terror" madness.

www.smh.com.au...

There is no friend anywhere - Lao Tse

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The "war on terror" is a #ing joke. America and Britain have done nothing to make the threat of terrorism go down, it's made it much worse. This is a good article that points out how these kinds of atrocities are not uncommon in many places around the world. Once it happens to American they go marching around the middle east hunting out some spook in cave and bomb aload of innocents along the way. pathetic.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
The "war on terror" is a #ing joke. America and Britain have done nothing to make the threat of terrorism go down, it's made it much worse. This is a good article that points out how these kinds of atrocities are not uncommon in many places around the world. Once it happens to American they go marching around the middle east hunting out some spook in cave and bomb aload of innocents along the way. pathetic.

All you have to do is take a look at the "war on drugs" to know that the "war on terror" is all bull$hit.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
yeh man I totally hear you on that one! Don't even get my into the topic of drugs and their legal status
A) worng thread
B) Nonone would possibly want to read such a long rant

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
yeh man I totally hear you on that one! Don't even get my into the topic of drugs and their legal status
A) worng thread
B) Nonone would possibly want to read such a long rant

LOL! Try me.

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Ok, well here is an unordered, incoherant rant about drugs. .

Well I mean it's pretty obvious to me that the illegalization of most drugs is illegal itself. The reason cannabis was first criminalised in America was propaghanda against the Mexicans who at that time smoked pot after work to relax, it was a part of life. Anyways that doesn't really matter. For a start making drugs illegal has caused more death and more crime. If governments only realised that because gangs and evil drug barons control drugs around the world, the laws are creating crime and at the same time not stopping anyone from doing drugs. Drugs are widely available. In Britain something like 12% of 12 year olds have tried drugs. The laws they have made obviously arn't working. If the government actually moderated and controlled drugs it would :

A) Stop crime, deaths related to crime and put evil drug barons ( lol) out of business.

B) If the government quality controlled drugs it would save many lives. Literally millions of people take ecstacy in great Britain every weekend. Around 12 people die from it a year but the numbers are going up. The reason for these deaths is usually because people have cut the pills with rat poison or some other terrible chemical.

C) Regualtions and age restrictions on drugs would stop children trying drugs way too young.

The benefits go on. I mean I do not think that crack and heroin should be sold in chemists but It's obvious that the drug "problem" is never going to be tackled the way it is. I'm not a christian but surely god wouldn't create pot, mushrooms, peyote , coc aine, and opium plants if they weren't there to be used?> they are a gift from mither nature. Ciggerettes alon kill more people than all drugs put together do. Alchohol cause far worse effects socially and medically than pot ever will. I mean what is more dangerous? Sombdoy who is staggering around drunk and violent, a danger to himself and others or sombody who just wants to eat loads of food and play playstation? And i mean magic mushrooms have to be illegal....the last time i took mushrooms i sat in aa field for 4 hours thinking "GOD i LOVE EVERYTHING" Thats a real danger to our world.
Ok I'm going to end this madness. I think i'm starting to gibber on and on. . . . . . .

Edit: any questions and i will further continue this debate although a new thread is probably needed on this subject

[Edited on 093131p://222 by earthtone]

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Advisor has a story that I wrote (I finished it & sent it to him 3 days ago) that goes along with this point.

After all, whenever the government wages a "War on (Abstract Noun)" the problem only gets worse. Just look into the War on Drugs, War on Poverty, etc.

Can The People expect anything different from the government? Not really, because they're not in the business of *solving* problems, they *manage* them instead & make vast profits in the process.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Exactly Ocelot....the war on terror is not a bit different than the war on drugs........a total bunch of whtever you want to call it!

top topics

join