It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's quest for space parity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Once China has placed its own astronaut into orbit what will it do in space?

There is prestige to be had in space
If the initial missions are successful, it may build a small space station of its own.

It is conceivable that within a decade, China's space activities might, in certain fields, surpass those of Russia and the European Space Agency.

And if China takes a serious interest in the Moon, it might unsettle the US and a new "space race" might be in the offing.

Rest here: news.bbc.co.uk...

I must say I really hope China go all the way with this and it's not some kind of ego thing to become a super power. If they really start catching up it'll likely spark another space race which is only good news, not nearly enough is put into space exploration anymore.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
But john that would be a good thing for america that would help us unmeasurably. I mean look prime of america it was really during the space race witht he russians because it brought us a sense of unity. Lets hope there is another race and we win

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Definately, a race to the moon would definately raise unity. But why would the us be motivated just because china's doing it. Personally I think that we never reached the moon or there is something there that the public cant see. I wouldn't be surprised if china had an accident while going to the moon.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
... I wouldn't be surprised if china had an accident while going to the moon.

i doubt there would even be an "accident", it would be covered up big time, im sure they wouldnt want the title, "First (Official) Nation to lose a man in space"

top topics

join