It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grey streak preceeding an Airliner

page: 1

join
share:
GNO

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Today, October 13, 2003 (Columbus Day) at about 1200 hours, I was enroute to my office in downtown Lancaster, Ohio USA, when I observed an airliner leaving a very noticible contrail behind but then I noticed something very strange. There was a faint grey streak in the blue sky ahead of the airliner. It gave the appearance that the jet was on course following the streak. My attention was drawn back to the road and when I looked up, it disappeared as the airliner was crossing over the horizon. Any ideas what this may have been?

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I have in the past seen the same thing. I attribute it to an optical illusion. If you look at some of the Optical Illusion cards and whatnot, you will see that the brain tries to complete the picture. At least that was my take. Looking at the plane, it made no sense to me that there would be something in front of it.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yeah..I would have to agree with the optical illusion statement. I have seen this happen with a 747 or a big jet like that a few times..or maybe it was an ET? If anyone can get anything on this it would be great.

-WD

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I think it was an optical illusion of some sort. very interesting.

top topics

join