It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lie Detector tests for air travellers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Russia is introducing routine lie detector tests for passengers travelling into the country.
Even though these will, at first, only be carried out on suspicious passengers, the scheme will soon expand to becoming a requirement for all passengers.

www.sky.com
Airline passengers travelling to Russia may soon be forced to take lie detector tests as airport security is beefed up.

The measure looks likely to be introduced at Moscow's Domodedovo Airport in July.

[....]

They will be asked to identify themselves, say whether they have any weapons or drugs on them and asked whether they have "ever lied to the authorities".

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Worrying stuff, they say anyone who fails the test will be "accompanied by a guard to a cubicle where he is asked questions in a more intense atmosphere.".
So what happens if you think back to when you lied to the policeman about the speed you were doing, or what was in the cigarette? Yes OK, we should not do these things but a lot of people have, surely it does not deserve an intense interrogation by Russian authorities?
How long before this is introduced into America, the UK and the rest of the world?
How long before it migrates from the air transport system and is incorporated into everyday life?

It says the system can even distinguish between answers coming from the memory or the imagination.

www.allbusiness.com...

[edit on 6-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

[edit on 6-4-2006 by AgentSmith]

[edit on 10-4-2006 by asala]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Very worrisome, indeed.
Not to mention the extended time you will have to allow before your flight.
And, of course, think of all the people who will be able to foil the machine. Like the criminal element. And, oh, maybe the terrorists.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It doesn't seem all that sinister.
My last two trips to the US to visit my brother were held up at the US end by immigration the first time and customs on the second occassion.
Each time I was questioned as to my status, employer, finances, intentions whilst in the US etc.
Hell, it was a lot more intemse than the Sky story sounds about Russia

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It doesn't make it right though... People shouldn't be automatically treated like criminals first, citizen's second.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
WOW...everyone is going to fail the "Have you ever lied to the authorities?" question. Ever been pulled over and asked if you had been drinking? just 2 you would say, but it's always more. And what is an "authority" ? Police? Boss at work? Parents?...all authority figures.

Worrisome indeed.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It's a bad idea, IMO, by sheer virtue of the number of false positives they can reasonably expect to generate. There's a good reason the results are inadmissible in court; they're not accurate enough to be trusted.

Russia will do whatever Russia thinks necessary, but I wonder what, exactly, they hope to accomplish here. Maybe it's more of a psyop than anything, just to reassure people and provide more of an illusion of safety and state control.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
oh gee wizz... my heart rate would go up just to be confronted with that!

Just outrageous. That is the power the Executive has unfortunately... if your falsely arrested then the onus of proof is on U to prove your innocence. And not the other way around.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
In other words, the polygraph scam is getting old and busted. So they invented a new "scary" machine to catch liars. Do not fool yourself, people, the whole point of lie detectors is in inducing fear that if you lie to the machine it will catch you. You could use a banana as a lie detector if you could manage to convince the subject that the banana will shoot a laser beam at him if he lies. The price tag of $30,000 for that new lie detector machine is what makes that scam even more amusing.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
that banana laser killed me.

these programs will be instituted everywhere. it is the new world order. now would be the best time to stop this little nest of weasles. once 'skynet' is in place, they won't even need human soldiers or police to terrorise the public.

they'll just automate the whole planet-wide prison. some of it has already been automated.
instant credit checks and other searchable databases can instantly decide whether you are 'valid' or 'invaild' as a corporate citizen.

top topics

join