It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror attacks thwarted in Italy.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Just heard on Sky News that the Italian minister has stated that terror attacks have been thwarted in Bologna, Italy A church and a subway has been mentioned but i'm waiting on links and more info at the moment.

CX.

CX

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   
www.sky.com...

Theres the only link i can find at present. Would this be the first time a church has been targeted against us during the war on terror??

CX.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
i dont suppose the fact the italian elections are on may 13th has anything to do with it? funny how the terrorists like to choose election time to come out of the woodwork

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Well I want to ask everyone this.....they have no respect for christian holy places, why the hell should we care what we do to theirs?

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Most likely a political stunt by berlusconi...
and i suppose there are internal terrorists in Italy too... (Mafia, Red Brigades...?)

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Well I want to ask everyone this.....they have no respect for christian holy places, why the hell should we care what we do to theirs?

I for one am not going to allow a band of ridiculous religious zealots to set influence or dictate any of my standards.

Originally posted by justyc
... funny how the terrorists like to choose election time to come out of the woodwork

Since a major element of terrorist acts is to influence a political change, discounting an increase in terror threats and possible attacks during such period would be an oversight.

Off of the top of my head, Jakarta was a month before the Australian elections, Russia is rife with these acts during and after election periods, Hamas has used these tactics and so has the IRA, Putin urged support for Bush recognizing the terror attacks during the first Iraqi election were aimed at influencing the US election and acts of terror have definitely influence the elections in Spain.

mg

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by missed_gearI for one am not going to allow a band of ridiculous religious zealots to set influence or dictate any of my standards.

I guess you don't live in the US where the zealots have control of the white house.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Links:

today.reuters.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

Here you can see the fresco of the church in Bologna:
www.zombietime.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Hmm intersting, does anyone have the picture of the painting they were trying to blow up?

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Just heard on Sky News that the Italian minister has stated that terror attacks have been thwarted in Bologna, Italy A church and a subway has been mentioned but i'm waiting on links and more info at the moment.

CX.

Typical politician's response to this news, "Oh goody, more money to be spent."

new topics

top topics

join