It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9,000-Year-Old Dental Drill Is Found

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
You don't need anesthesia.

Speak for yourself

I am a big mean Biker....covered in tattoos and scars, X army...wounded twice, X bounty hunter, cant count the broken bones, etc.

I turn into a terrified 4 year old in the dentist office

Not only do they have to use anesthesia....they have to sedate me to keep from loosing a few teeth of their own..........

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Amuk!

Me too!
I take the needle, and pay extra for the Nitrous-Oxide..

I even have hand signals worked out with my Dentist..I wave the little
finger, he gives me another shot..

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
primitive societies?, Really ?.
I found it so annoying that modern day man considers anything more than 1000 years old to be primitive.

Lets see, someone asked about anesthesia for those 7000 year old toothache sufferers,
Acupuncture has been around for milenia, it is an incredibly effective anesthesia agent.

There is a clinic here in Barcelona that is world famous for during major operations with no convential anethesia, they use hypnotherapy..
nothing else

Nature provides millions of perfectly adequate plants to treat most of our common illness (this however is not very profitable for the major pharmaceutical giants)

When they found a neolithic man (Otzi) frozen mummified on an Austrian Glacier 5 or 6 years ago, scientists were startled to see that his entire body was tatooed with tiny points, these points correspond to the "meridian energy points" used in acupunture and acupressure. This guy was literally tatooed with his own personal medical manual, he felt ill what did he do he applied ( or someone else) pressured to the relevant points and cured himself!- Go figure , not bad for a 3500 year old primitive hunter gatherer right!?

en.wikipedia.org...

Now we only know this because he was discovered mummified, if they had only found his bones, they would never have seen this or the amazing fine weaved clothes he wore, his tinderbox , finely crafted shoes and rucksack.

The same goes for those 7000 year old skulls, If my skull is found in 7000 years time by another civilization what will they think, all the compounds used for my dental work will have disappeared, the neo archeologists would say hey look at this poor primitive some sadist drilled holes in his teeth...., prolly no anethesia and then just left the holes open there??

sigh..

[edit on 7-4-2006 by _Deliverance_]

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

done without anesthesia.

A man among men.

Not really......he is a woman

can you say pwned?

This is not a one-liner!!! there's more, wait, i mean, yeah, umh

Look, much of the stuff we use is herbal in origin, even though often synthesized, much of that knowledge was apparently lost (thnx folks
) but all they were lacking, materially, was probably syringes and aspeptic conditions. knowledge-wise, well, our replacements may be more aesthetic or even more durable and more precise, but in the end, it's just drilling a hole, taking the rotten stuff out and putting some bacteri/viri/fungicidal stuff in then plugging the hole, or am i wrong?

see, not a one - liner

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
You don't need anesthesia.

I had a root canal performed WITHOUT anesthesia (I was THAT terrified of needles) and I'm not the only one who's ever had this done. Furthermore, tooth modification is a common "beauty" treatment around the world (filing teeth to points and so forth) and it's done without anesthesia.

That's true... I had one performed on me without anesthesia. but at the time i didnt know it was a standard percedure to use it. It was done by an intern who didnt know anesthia had to be applied... Damn those dentists...

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dyno25000
I'd imagine that even 9,000 years ago Pakistanis were familiar with opium, cannabis and ethyl alcohol...these holes were obviously drilled in an attempt to arrest the decay of, or alleviate the pain of, decayed teeth.

The doctor quoted in the article said they were "drilled for decoration...why else WOULD they?" I mean, gee...duh. One doesn't have one's teeth drilled into for fun.

One wonders about the ancient South Americans' histories of primitive dentistry...after all, the coca molecule is ideal for topical dental anaesthesia. I wouldn't put it past those Pakistanis to have known about opium, or the American Indians about coca, for dentistry, that far back (if they were advanced enough to drill perfect holes in teeth with a bow and a flint drill bit). What to fill the holes with, that would be the question...

[edit on 5-4-2006 by Dyno25000]

I fully agree with you. It could have been a metal filling too. How difficult is gold or silver to work with even using crude technology? Not that difficult I believe, the difficult part is finding the metal in the first place.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join