It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project 1947 gone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Anyone hear anything about PROJECT 1947?

It seems to have dissappeared from the web. on or about April 1st.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It suddenly reappeared, about 10 minutes after the last posting. I was having trouble accessing the site for the past few days. it wasn't pinging, netcraft couldn't find it, and NetworkSolutions didn't have a dns record. Now all is frgiven, it appears.

Except: now I only see blank pages on ATS, had to go to another machine and set up a new acccount to log-in. Talk about wierd...

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Hey Rand,

Looks like the sites back up now.

Must have been a temporary glitch. I wouldn't know , but the link is working now.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It appears to have been a glitch in a network cache server somewhere upstream of here. NetworkSolutions has been hit with a DDS attack of late, and apparently updated both sites DNS records at almost the same time; it seems the cache server would up sending me blank pages for both sites for nearly a half-hour.

< !DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
< html>< head>< title>< /title>< /head>< body>< /body> < /html>

The other machine I used either had a different traceroute or otherwise bypassed the cache somehow.

Just freaked me out to see that happen to two sites at once, especially as I had been getting spotty service from Project 1947 for a while.

top topics

join