It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S-37 Berkut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Yo, who anybody hear about the S-37 Berkut? I seen alot about it, and based on what I've seen, it sounds cool. It seems like good competition to the US F-22 Raptor. On one website, I ready that it MIGHT incorporate a new stealth technology called Plasma Stealth. That sounds very cool. There's also the Mig 1.44, but there isn't as much info about it. Is the plasma stealth good stealth? And will S-37 be developed into an advanced fighter?

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
привет

Well there is a whole bunch of stuff about the Berkut... but the plasma stealth claims have some real hypothetical pros and cons which I have yet to fully understand... let alone whether this is actually being used or developed... one thing is the power required (although Sukoi planes do tend to have huge powerplants for the rabbit cooking Soviet radars) and the possibility of it being radar stealth but visually very obvious (a cloud/field of ionised plasma around a plane doing over mach 1 would glow in the dark something chronic...) are all things I have seen raised on this board and other sites... if you read russian you might get some more detail on the actual Sukoi site.. or Russian aviation enthusiasts with their ears to the ground in Russia herself...

пока

Q

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
Yo, who anybody hear about the S-37 Berkut? I seen alot about it, and based on what I've seen, it sounds cool. It seems like good competition to the US F-22 Raptor.

And will S-37 be developed into an advanced fighter?

The S-37 Berkut [Golden Eagle] is a testbed for developing technologies for the next generation of aircraft.

www.fas.org...

On one website, I ready that it MIGHT incorporate a new stealth technology called Plasma Stealth. That sounds very cool.

Is the plasma stealth good stealth?

www.air-attack.com...

There's also the Mig 1.44, but there isn't as much info about it.

en.wikipedia.org...

The mig 1.44 and s-37(su-47) are both technology demonstrators and as such are both really good aircraft but are too expensive for russia to produce.

Plasma stealth is also really good i think but is impracticle and isnt anywhere being used on a plane yet as far as i know.

Justin

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It was my understanding that Plasma stealth, after further consideration, was deamed to be a red herring. As for the S-37, Sukhoi has stated repeatedly they don't intend to produce it as an actual service aircraft, the point instead was to learn as much as they could by building it. (and I imagine they learned quite a bit)

top topics

join