It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mankind... an alien experiment?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Our brain isnt all that unique among species, it is our dexterity and our brain combined that allowed us to develope as much as we have. You know, no matter how smart a dolphin, monkey or parrot may be, they will never be able to vocalize the way we do to communicate and they will never be able to manipulate their surroundings the way we do (although some primates have been taught to make stone axes). These are things that have given us time to relax and our brains room for thought.

Two other things that really gave us our direction as a species was our ability to make fire as i said before and our desire for power - which seems to be fueled by our belief that there are other beings more powerfull than us and our arrogance in thinking (as we should) that if they can do it - we can too, we were made in gods image afterall - why should our limits be anything lower than the omnipotence of our creator?

I dont think anything would have to alter our DNA to set us off. All they had to do was give us the edge over nature that allowed us room to breathe (show us how to light a fire) and give us belief that would be passed down generations that there are others out there more powerfull than us. The rest would progress natrually. But then why couldn't we have started fire by ourselfs? it may seem pretty abstract to rub sticks together... but then didnt you do random things when you were a kid? I was fasinated by hitting things together and taking the bark off of trees... But then why wouldnt there be any beings more advanced than us? Our planet has suffered atleast 3 mass extinctions, you could assume that all 3 of them wiped out a species with the ability to develope intelligence and make tools. We know alot of dinasaurs had complex vocal boxes. And seeing the advances we make in decades and centuries - imagine where we would be with a million or even a billion years of history behind us? It is reasonable to assume that other earth-like planets have been fortunate enough to avoid meteor strikes and the likes? If so, seeing the potential in early homosapien, why not teach him a few tricks - see what happens and visit from time to time?

As for our DNA holding our history and lonely alien races seeding life and us coming from our own future? A bit less startreck TNG for you i think.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I don't know about the 'they are us from the future' I mean look at at lot of them, they are not often very different, but some would say ugly. "why are we so dam ugly in the future, if I looked like that I would shot myself" : )

And how could they seed us into-being, being from the future we would need to allready get into the future and come into being without being seeded.

It just brings all kinds of paradoxes that could cause all or creation to implode of time travel existed. Yea Einstine did make that one mathmatical formula, but remember that is just some math formula which someone made based on a theory, replacing another formula which someone made that was the previous 'truth' about mass energy stuff.

Just me but I don't realy like the whole 'they are us from the future' idea. I am pretty open to some ideas, but time travel is where I put the line down.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The Earth and all its animals and plants had already evolved since our planet was "seeded" with bacteria by alien probes about 3.4 billion years or so ago. But they didn't actually "create" all the life on Earth. They just planted a seed.

ok, lots of opinions flying around here, but why do people need to think that the seeds of humanity came from somewhere else. I truely am interested in the possiblity of alien exsistance. However a question needs to be addressed here. Who/what created the aliens? You need to take a balanced view of what is actually happening here, some of the things said could be descredited, like aliens planting seeds!? do you actually know how basic amino acids, present in all living creature, the foundations of mirco-biology, are created? why do thing have to be so fantastical? for example. why cant it be that aliens found a culture of early humans and helped them along their way? Humans come from earth not space, there is overwhelming evidence that the elements present on earth came from space, in the form of astroids etc, yes technically we are from space therefore, we are alien....but then again we didnt exsist as even a single cell organism.... you really need to back up your theories with some serious intellect oterwise you sound like a script from a 1930's monster movie. a liitle less star trek and a little more stephen hawkins me thinks.

[edit on 9-4-2006 by mcktj]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz_psyker
I don't know about the 'they are us from the future' I mean look at at lot of them, they are not often very different, but some would say ugly. "why are we so dam ugly in the future, if I looked like that I would shot myself" : )

And how could they seed us into-being, being from the future we would need to allready get into the future and come into being without being seeded.

It just brings all kinds of paradoxes that could cause all or creation to implode of time travel existed. Yea Einstine did make that one mathmatical formula, but remember that is just some math formula which someone made based on a theory, replacing another formula which someone made that was the previous 'truth' about mass energy stuff.

Just me but I don't realy like the whole 'they are us from the future' idea. I am pretty open to some ideas, but time travel is where I put the line down.

you need a little more research into your physics, Einstien, was E=mc2 www.infoplease.com... , it is to do with energy, however it was based on Newtonion laws of physics. [url=http://www.thebigview.com/spacetime/index.html [/url]Bohr along with a FEW other Famous scientists came up with quantum theory. Please read these articles and respond in a way which may advance a discussion rather than fuelling conjecture and opinion.

What paradoxes would you think would happen?
Time travel does exsist, as described by Einstien, you may want to read about him before quoting, lol. ie the closer to the speed of light you travel the slower time appears to you theory of relativity, therefore you can into theory be at all points of time at once, to an observer.

i would like to see these debates move on from the x-file theories and star trek scripts

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
How many times do I have to say it... Most of us are part of an extremely (and I mean trillion) year old alien species that were not composed of matter. An evil alien race enslaved us, and sent our souls to this planet. The Anunaki created our bodies to help mine gold for their planet. The souls and bodies blended, and walla... humans. So in a sense, this is a compounded prison planet.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
You can it all you want but until you provide solid proof, which you personally will most likely never do, you're not going to convince many.

It's the same as the people who say Jesus died for our sins. It's just a belief and everyone has their own beliefs. You cannot expect to change that by pretending to be some sort of authority on our origins.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join