posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 04:16 PM
There are so many issues and points to the illegal immigration issue that there is no one clear cut solution.
1. Corperate america wants a cheap labor force that can be exploted.
2. Coperate America wants free trade with Mexico/Central America to make more money, which drives the mexican economy into the groud so there will be
more coming over the boarder
3. The Oligarchs of mexico want all the money via trade for themselves and the corrupt governement lets them keep the money while turnign a blind
eye to the infanstructed of its country.
4. The average joe/chino just wants a living wage, and can only find it in america. and will risk thier lives to cross the boarder.
5. There is no way for America companies to make sure they don't hire illegals with forged documents, nor is there any incentive for them to
6. with 11 million illegal immigrants in the United states there is no feasable way to deport them, or jail them for breaking what amounts to a minor
There are only a few ways to stop this, and one is fianlyl rasiing the minimum wage to reflect at least inflation since the last time it was raised
(which is about $8.00/hr)
Secondly there needs to be an incentive for boarder crossers to reveal themselves and put themselves under the protection of the law. one awy to do
that is to grant them temporary visas for declaring as lone as they follow a process to learn english, get a GED and become citezans. If they fail to
follow through they will be deported.
Lastly force american companies to police themselves by giving them the means to do so, that way if they DO take advatage of illegals there can be a
stiffer punishment then the current "All these are illegals, I dont want to see them working here again or you will get fined"