It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Population Control!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   
For as long as I can remember, I have always believed that War, Disease, Natural Disasters such as Earth Quakes, Tidal Waves which cause massive death tolls are mother natures way of population control.

Every year there are massive disasters around the world on huge catastrophic scales.

Such as recently when the Asian Tsunami struck South East Asia, Africa etc where 300,000 + lives were lost.

Thats just one example.

In World War One there were approximately 9 Million Deaths attributed to the War.

In World War Two just in Russia alone there were 25 Million Deaths attributed to the War, China had 11 Million Deaths, Germany 7 Million Deaths and so forth.

More info on WW2 Deaths see here: www.secondworldwar.co.uk...

A really interesting link with a List of wars and disasters in the 20th Century by death toll is here at en.wikipedia.org...

My point here, is the Earth is already over populated by billions of human beings, what the scary thing is ... iscan you imagine what the world would be like to live in present day if all of these Wars, Disasters and so forth did not happen?

Wars, Diseases and Disasters are an unfortunate thing, but they do help to keep the earths population down.

Please don't take offence in my theory, its just a theory!

This is my theory on Population Control.

[edit on 1-4-2006 by sirwilliam]
mod edit: fixed code

[edit on 1-4-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Anyone want to comment on this?

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hi sirwilliam. I think You're absolutely right. Wars are a manmade population control, even though they weren't started for that purpose. I think the govt. uses disease as a form of pop. control, in the form of chem-trails, polluted waters etc... I believe Earth goes through a natural cycle of cleansing ie: earthquakes, tsunamis, etc. Earth is constantly changing. I also believe that Earth is alive in a sense. All of Our negative energy, the raping of Her forests and oceans attribute to these changes. I think She's got the craps of Us and I don't blame Her.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirwilliam
Anyone want to comment on this?

There was some University prof who came under fire recently for saying as much. The Earth is too overpopulated but disease will likely keep things in check.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
People have been crying "overpopulation" for a long time now.

Around 1800 Thomas Malthus was crying "overpopulation" even though there was only an estimated 1 billion people on Earth.

It's 2006 and the population is around 7 billion.

I'm sure 100 yrs from now, (or sooner) when the population is around 25 million you will still have the envirowhackos still crying about "overpopulation".

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Would anyone want to comment on my comment.

Malthus was a wrong in 1800, yet people everyday want to follow his lead, thinking they are smart or something.

Info on Malthus

www.ucmp.berkeley.edu...

[edit on 12-4-2006 by Carseller4]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Thanks everyone, anymore feedback is appreciated!

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I actually think of the earth as a living thing and I think it operates with a certain 'intelligence' to keep the people on it in line. Not the same kind of intelligence with which human beings operate... Not like "It's ALIVE!", but there is more than one kind of intelligence (think fractiles and chaos theory).

So, my response is that yes, I think the earth works much like a dog that shakes and scratches itself to get rid of fleas, using disease and weather to rid itself of some of the parasites.

Wars? I don't know. They're pretty much man-made so maybe there's a purpose to them as regards population, but I think if we didn't kill each other with wars, the earth would see to it that we died in some other way.

There are a couple interesting PODcast threads on this (overpopulation) subject if anyone's interested.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Mother Nature has many ways of controlling the populations of critters on this earth. To the best of my knowledge, not very many of them are painless. "Red of tooth, and claw" if you will. Not to worry, she'll take care of the problem, if there is one, in her own good time. Guarantee you, it won't be pleasent, but it will be relatively quick, as such thing go.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Just my view on this..population worries me because I imagine an optimal population all with good standard of living and ample space for each. I support the ultimate solution: Space. The sooner we can build portable human ecosystem technologies in space and our nearby Mars and the Moon the sooner we can table population and open up that final frontier..Our final step is into the infinite where there are no limits to how far you can go.

new topics

top topics

join