It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terminator 3 type Surveillance drones to be used against US citizens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
In the following link, it reports of the US government starting to use Surveillance Drones to spy on US citizens. Do you think this is the first step in producing Terminator 3 style robotic drones that silently search over our cities and take out any target they are programmed to execute?

news.com.com...

Sounds pretty scary if you ask me. And who's to say that there isnt already the sattellite infrastructure to control hundreds or thousands of these drones when they are deployed. Life is seriously starting to imitate the movies......

Before you know it, we will be all running in fear from these spies in the skies.

Melbourne_Militia

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
your kind of meesing up the story line, in the terminator movies the machines are sentient, these are not, and I dont think the US gov would seriously survive a war against its own people.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
TAKEN FROM THE SITE ABOVE "Unmanned aerial vehicles have soared the skies of Afghanistan and Iraq for years, spotting enemy encampments, protecting military bases, and even launching missile attacks against suspected terrorists. " Now if thats true why the hell is bin ladden still walking in the caves with all the tech we have why in the hell is this man still alive today besides i did hear about the us tring to build some type a ufo them selfs

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
osama is around to be a justifacation for any military action. The reason we can get away with not pulling out. Also if one of these things flies over my house in the future I... well I'll be very po'd to avoid getting warned
dont spy on me!!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkYNeTUSA
Now if thats true why the hell is bin ladden still walking in the caves with all the tech we have why in the hell is this man still alive today besides i did hear about the us tring to build some type a ufo them selfs

Likely because these UCAVs are not really allowed to fly in Pakistan airspace where most people think Osama is. They have already hit targets they thought were Osama with drones. One such case they hit a rather tall man bearded man in a white robe within a group of insurgents but when a CIA team landed to check out the remains they didnt get a DNA match to Osama.

Personally I think Bin Laden is long dead of either his lack of getting dialysis supplies and trust me I had a family member that went through dialysis treatments the stuff requires truck loads of supplies. Or he died in that big earthquake not too long ago in Pakistan.

The Terrorist would never state Osama died in such a way. His image is worth too much to their cause.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
they start flying over us skys I will be gone anyway... No way am I staying to be spied on. probably to mexico where I have relatives. I'll make a run for the border rather than sit here and be spied on. problem though is that the border is a few hundred miles away and I'll be in deep S*** for running away from home... maybe I can find a foreign exchange student program...

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkYNeTUSA
TAKEN FROM THE SITE ABOVE "Unmanned aerial vehicles have soared the skies of Afghanistan and Iraq for years, spotting enemy encampments, protecting military bases, and even launching missile attacks against suspected terrorists. " Now if thats true why the hell is bin ladden still walking in the caves with all the tech we have why in the hell is this man still alive today besides i did hear about the us tring to build some type a ufo them selfs

Because the U.S. was behind September 11th, protected Bin Laden beforehand, and put him into hiding under their own protection, not only to keep him alive, but to stop any rumors from arising that he wasn't behind Sept. 11th.

Just kidding.

Not that impossible, though.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I'm perfectly fine with them using UAV's for checking pipelines and border security (though personally I wish they would choose to use airships for border security instead).

They are not going to have thousands in the sky, because they would run in to each other and so the FAA would never allow that to happen. And they wont spy on you, you cant be serious, a camera can only look at one area at a time, and its not cheap to do so, and the fact that theres 300 million people in the US makes the whole "Are they spying on me" line utter rediculous.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
They are not going to have thousands in the sky, because they would run in to each other and so the FAA would never allow that to happen. .

Murcielago have you seen the plans for the new " Dominator UAV "? There going to be tiny 3ft UCAVs much like the predator but designed to fly in "Constellations" of dozens of them in the same area covering a single area in a massive surveillance nets. They will all be in contact with each other and be able to coordinate their movement to best cover the area and not crash into each other.

Though I dont think this tech is designed for anything close to thousands of these things in the air at any given time. Having many tiny drones in area would seem to have many advantages over a few large and expensive ones.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
no...but I just google'd it and this site says its 28ft long...not 3ft.

and I dont see how this UAV is different from many others...

Dominator

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I meant 3 meters (12feet) sorry not 3 feet, with a weight of 100 lbs

The one I saw was is on that page you linked too but in top of the page where there is a outline of a boat, APC and a drone. The drone in that picture with the forward canards is more akin to the design I saw.

Heres a link to what im talking about
www.defensetech.org...

It was a UAV "swarm" concept designed to be cheap compared to the Predator

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
i guess its time for the good ole boys of the american people to start making anti-Guberment spying devices...... At least to neutralize the Situation

I mean whats stoping u from intercepting an Open aired freq?.......Honestly i dont know what is can anyone explain?

Why we couldnt hack into a drone from the ground? with a RC of our own? lol

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Why not for one just jamm the controlls. Also yes do lets start a anti govenment spying campaign. my little brother spies on me already
(get it big brother
)
anyway "people should not be afraid of government but government afraid of people"
I'm sure we can arange something like that. Also I have a method of communication for those interested but it is very slow. u2u me if your in for details

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Personally I think Bin Laden is long dead of either his lack of getting dialysis supplies and trust me I had a family member that went through dialysis treatments the stuff requires truck loads of supplies. Or he died in that big earthquake not too long ago in Pakistan.

Exactly, it would be very easy to track him from the massive supplies of dialysis equipment. I was on dialysis myself up to what will be 12 weeks tomorrow when I had my transplant. The quantity of supplies is huge, 40 or 50 boxes of dialysis solution every 4 weeks plus boxes of connection sets, drainage bags, medical waste bags etc.

I find it very difficult to bvelieve that if they know where he is roughly they can't track the delivery of equipment. Now maybe he had a transplant which is certainly possible as there is a huge black market in human organs in that part of the world but even so he would still be needing lots of anti-rejection medicines which are extremely expensive and possibly trackable? For instance just 2 of the anti-rejection drugs I am on cost in the region of £20,000 a year and most pharmacists dont routinely stock them so they have to order them everytimes I take my presciption in.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo

Exactly, it would be very easy to track him from the massive supplies of dialysis equipment. I was on dialysis myself up to what will be 12 weeks tomorrow when I had my transplant. The quantity of supplies is huge, 40 or 50 boxes of dialysis solution every 4 weeks plus boxes of connection sets, drainage bags, medical waste bags etc.

Yeah I dont think the average person realizes just how much supplies dialysis treatments require. I know I didnt have a clue until I saw it first hand. Not even getting into the machine itself which is pretty big. My experiences were much like yours in terms of amounts, and these arent little boxes they are pretty big and filled with fluid. I was personally shocked the first time I saw a shipment arrive of the stuff.

I cant fathom Bin Laben getting such shipments if he is in a cave or some remote lawless region of Pakistan. Even if he managed it you would think it would be cake to track him then.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Personally, I need somebody to look after me. Sometimes I get lost in the big city and would like some help determining exactly where I am.

[edit on 11-5-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
but do you think thats what its used for? its war and surveillance equipment. why the heck would you want little planes with camera's flying above you.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This thread is quite alarming, just for the topic of it's discussion. But , "It has been in the making", and it was purposely invented for use's other than war.
I have attended an AMT school and we alway's had think session's on the possibilities of the advancement's of our aerial capabilities and application's. I have a feeling that this was all part of the "Big Plan" from the get go. Even though we (U.S.) have had these type of device's around for a few year's now, it was hoped and dreamed and encouraged by the so called "Industrialist's" and "Government's" to be able to dwindle the fatalities of war and/or to be able to regulate the over all U.S. community as a whole. It would be a very spendy venture and I don't think it will be as of "tommorow" scenario, but I do believe that there is an overall application idea dedicated to the mere thought of inventing of such device's to put them to use in everyday application's. Whether it be for time's of peace or time's of war, I am sure there will be more and better machines, smaller ,faster,quieter and less visible to establish a "Nonhuman War" at some stage of the game.It is a quite scary scenario when we start creating technologies that are capable of changing the "World thinking view's" as civilians of a very probable chance of no privacy.
Thats my opinion and I'm sticking to it, Thanks.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
fine then... Who's saying we cant build ats-drones and check up on the people launching these things. Beat them at their own game! I'll pitch in!

join