It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. teaching Hamas a lesson in Democracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
How can democracy be accepted as part of the human race when the most powerful racist creatures on earth are speaking of it then turn around and control every bit of every human life?

U.S. teaching Hamas a lesson in Democracy

By Paul McGeough*
In their attempts to deny that they are clubbing together to club Hamas, the Americans and the Israelis have merely confirmed the plot as reported by The New York Times. Both governments have put on the record a dozen times their threat—and their appeals to others to join them—to freeze funds earmarked for the Palestinian Authority unless Hamas drops its belligerent opposition to the State of Israel and renounces violence.

It’s a word play. Just as the Pentagon adopts a clinical vocabulary to sanitize its accounts of war in Iraq and elsewhere, Washington wants the world to see its threats only in terms of sterile diplomacy, to deny any notion of cause and effect.

But to use a term adopted by analysts after 11 September 2001, what the diplomats who briefed the man from The New York Times—Israelis and Americans—did was to join the dots. And they appear to have done so in the blunt language of an active planning bunker.

smh.com.au...

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29/3/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsPalestinian08
How can democracy be accepted as part of the human race when the most powerful racist creatures on earth are speaking of it then turn around and control every bit of every human life?

...gee...only mildly inflammatory there...

...can we perhaps hold off on the inflammatory rhetoric next time...

Cheers,
ALIEN

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsPalestinian08

That’s quite the sweeping generalization. Also offered as fact.

Well, if that’s your logic, then why cant I say something like:

ALL Palestinians are devilish murderous terrorists who want nothing more than to kill and maim innocent women and children in their bloodthirsty quest to dominate the Israeli's?

I mean, I offer no proof or documentation to support my argument, but that certainly didn’t stop you from making your argument either. Just playing by your precedent...

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I suppose that Mr. Paul McGeough failed to realize that how the US is treating Hamas is simply a process of, and let me quote Mr. McGeough here, "cause and effect"?

seekerof

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
MsPalestinian

In other words you need to be as neutral as possible given the circumstances surrounding your claims.

Like that it will be approach as and debate better than drawing all the attention at the bias in it.

The tittle is OK, but the way you present the source is not.

Is well know the situation surrounding the struggles between the Palestinian and Israel.

In many occasions we can see who is at fault in many instances.

But taking in consideration the bad vibes that Hamas has given to the rest of the world is understandable that Israel, US and many other countries in the world will be skeptical as their intentions now that they are in power.

I will admit that US way to spread democracy sometimes is not the best way.

But Hamas doesn't know what democracy is any way.

[edit on 29-3-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The US is respecting the process of democracy. But that does not mean that they are obliged to support the gov't that was elected.

We seem to accept that fact when a Republican is elected in the US, or when the Iraqi's elect a gov't that one faction does not approve of. But when it hits home, you are quick to denounce it. Double standard?

top topics

join