It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That points thingy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I've been on ATS for a long time now without ever considering points but somebody asked me a question and I didn't know the answer, this also led me to wonder something myself, sorry if they are dumb questions but I wouldn't ask if I knew

1 why have I got such a deeply negative BTS total, this is a mystery to me.

2 what is that bar thing at the bottom of the points box, I notice some are different lengths and different colours, what does this denote?

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The more you post, the longer the bar will get. The more applause you receive from mods/staff, the redder the bar will become.

You seem to be doing very well for yourself.

For the negative points, it could be for different reasons. Warnings and different negative aspects, which I doubt are applying to you.

Could be for points being spent in the memCenter.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
waynos, what's up with your avatar man?

Is that a TV show or something?

Nice avatar, BTW.

Later
Sporty

[edit on 28/3/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
chissler covered most everything.

additionally...

Moderators bars are all orange.

If you hover your mouse above the bar it will display how many posts the member has.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
chissler covered most everything.

Thank you,

additionally...

Moderators bars are all orange.

If you hover your mouse above the bar it will display how many posts the

I was curious to that, where the orange came from.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Okay, another question about points:

Are points immediately awarded when a member "tags" a thread, or are the points awarded when (if?) the server updates? I have tagged some threads, new and old, and watched my points for whatever board I am on (PTS/BTS/ATS) and saw that I was not awarded the one point or more for tagging a previously untagged thread.

JDub

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTileSpook
Okay, another question about points:

Are points immediately awarded when a member "tags" a thread, or are the points awarded when (if?) the server updates? I have tagged some threads, new and old, and watched my points for whatever board I am on (PTS/BTS/ATS) and saw that I was not awarded the one point or more for tagging a previously untagged thread.

JDub

Its been my experience that it normally takes a few seconds for the points to be awared but nothing more then that. If your not being awarded the points you rightfully deserve I would contact a staff member. But I have never experienced troubles with the points being awarded.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Thank you for your quick reply. I am not overly upset by this situation as the points don't really matter to me, but I just wondered "how it worked."

Maybe I watched to much of Bill Nye the Science Guy! *smiles*

JDub

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
No problem.

Keep up the good work on the tagging.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Thanks for the info guys, I was wanting to ask for ages but felt daft after being here so long

SportyMB, Yes, its a TV show and, IMHO, the coolest concept ever, an alien from Gallifrey, who is a Timelord but has run away stealing one of their ships travels throughout time and space righting wrongs and fighting evil, a sort of spaceman Robin Hood if you like, but he doesn't have a Rocket ship, he has a TARDIS which is a time machine which can materialise not just at any point in time but also anywhere in space. Limitless storytelling!

Have a look at this site, there are video clips and all sorts to look at;

www.bbc.co.uk...

click on '2006 preview' and 'the christmas invasion trailer'

Oh, and then everything else

[edit on 28-3-2006 by waynos]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTileSpook

tagging a previously untagged thread.

I can see the original question has been answered. I just wanted to address this.

I don´t think it matters if a thread already has tags or not. You should get points when you tag an already tagged thread by adding a different tag. Maybe I´m wrong, but that´s what I believe

new topics

top topics

join