It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer query

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Computers are not my strong point but I have a question.
When we post in the forums is there anyway those pages can be retrieved from a pc? Showing what we have written?
Or is that data lost once we close the pc?

Could someone access my specific posts from this computer? The computer is shared.
Thanks in advance for any info.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
If there is a keylogger on your system, yes.

Download and run some anti-spyware.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Thanks Umbrax.
Havent a clue what a key logger is.
This is my personal pc but I share it with other family members. I dont want my posts to be read.
I am a little more open on here because I am anon. Then I had a horrible thought.....
If I run spybot will that erase personal posts from this computer?

If my family went on ATS they wouldnt know who I am unless this computer showed up with personal posts.
Not sure if Im making much sense.

Im only slightly worried at this point!

[edit on 27-3-2006 by Over the moon]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The easiest way to delete anything you have written on ATS from your computer is as follows:

Each time you are ready to log off click tools at the top of Internet explorer then click
Internet Options and then on the general tab click delete files and then when this has
finished click clear history a little further down then all trace of you being on ATS will disappear okay.

Hope thats okay.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Just make sure none of your posts refer to your family in a bad way, and you should be okay

Unless of course you are doing something that they would strongly object to.

Just my opinion from past exeriences...

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thankyou Jamesmichael I will do that.

Mechanic 32, Im not doing anything my s/o would be angry with.
However in a moment of madness I decided it would be the perfect place to be very honest about my relationship. I thought that I could release some of my tension, thinking 'well no one knows who I am'. It felt quite liberating for a moment.

I will think more carefully in the future! Oh well back into that nice dark cupboard.....

Thanks for the advice.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Over the moon
Could someone access my specific posts from this computer? The computer is shared.
Thanks in advance for any info.

If this is a shared computer then you probably should make sure and click the log-out button
before you leave this site. (After you are done posting and reading) Another person at your location might be able to visit this site, but they wouldn't have any idea what you posted here unless they knew your user name. If you cleared your internet history when you close the browser you're probably not in any danger of anyone finding that out either.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Thanks everyone.
I did log off, clear history etc.
My s/o doesnt know this site exists.

I will make sure I log off each time.

Panic over then.
Believe it or not Im not a deceitful person but I contributed to another thread perhaps a little too openly. My innermost thoughts ended up on the page. Those thoughts would not be appreciated!

My skin saved by you guys. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Over the moon
Thanks everyone.....
My skin saved by you guys. Thanks!

Glad to help.

And they all lived happily ever after.

THE END

top topics

join