It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: A String of Pearls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
A String of Pearls is what they are calling this extraordinary comet that began to break into peices in 1995. There is now a string of comet fragments spread out over a distance of nearly 2 million miles. These fragments are forecast to pass within 8 million miles of Earth between May 12 and May 14. This is the closest that a comet has come to the Earth in 20 years. The comet is now less than 45 million miles away and closing the gap at the rate of about 1 million miles per day. In 1995, there were 5 fragments of this originally 1.1 kilometer diameter comet that were tracked. They were labelled 73P-A, B, C, D & E. This year as the comet approaches, there are now fragments labelled up to the letter N.

science.nasa.gov
March 24, 2006: In 1995, Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3 did something unexpected: it fell apart. For no apparent reason, the comet's nucleus split into at least three "mini-comets" flying single file through space. Astronomers watched with interest, but the view was blurry even through large telescopes. "73P" was a hundred and fifty million miles away.

We're about to get a much closer look. In May 2006 the fragments are going to fly past Earth closer than any comet has come in more than twenty years.

"This is a rare opportunity to watch a comet in its death throes—from very close range," says Don Yeomans, head of NASA's Near Earth Object Program at JPL.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What makes this comet even more interesting is the fact that they are forecast to pass within 5 million miles of Earth just 16 years from now. With the unknown trajectory of the many fragments and the cloud of comet dust that is being created, it is hard to tell what effect this will have in May of 2022.

One possibility is that the cloud of comet dust and fragments could pass between the Earth and Sun causing the Sun's light appear as through a course cloth. The resulting refraction of light could cause the Moon to appear red.

This is foretold by John, The Apostle in Revelation Chapter 6. Whether this is the comet that brings this event or not, I cannot tell, but the event is foretold and a broken comet is the likely cause of the event.

Related News Links:
neo.jpl.nasa.gov
www.aerith.net
cometography.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
A Global Conspiracy Up For Consideration
Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3

[edit on 27-3-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Interesting theory, but why pick the 2022 pass by? It's already trailing huge dust clouds and will pass almost as closely this time, and during a full moon according to my calendar.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
On this pass, the comet will be passing over the north of the Earth and then the comet will move ahead of the Earth by millions of miles. In 2022, the comet will be nearly in sink with the Earth except that it will pass in an orbit about 4.5 million miles inside of Earth's orbit. Depending on where the cloud forms and drifts to, the Sun could very well be obscured by it in 16 years.

If that is the case, then it would mark the beginning of the end as foretold by John the Apostle more than 1900 years ago.

What an awesome and yet terrifiying thought that we could be living in those prophetical times....at least for those of us that are under 50 yrs old.

Today, I work to prepare my family for the tougher times to come. The most important part is to be right with God and men. Many see the revelation of Jesus Christ as the outpouring of the wrath of God, but it is also a time of great testing of those that believe and a preparation of the Earth for his return in power.

How will we treat one another when things get incredibly tough for everyone? Those who have the ability should consider preparing underground living quarters with air filters that do not need electricity to function. When you prepare, prepare so that you may help others survive as well. Seed would be a good thing to store up, but the most important things are to store up treasure with God who can keep and reward it.

Look after the widows, fatherless children and the homeless. We need to put our priorities straight and put away our TVs and internet obsessions. Read and prepare ourselves with what we need to know in order to survive and help others survive. This will be the ultimate Survivor...but this time it's for real.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I guess I will be acquiring a telescope for this event hopegully I will get some interesting views.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
davenmann,

Is is still possible this comet could produce this sign in 2006, or is it really highly unlikely? In this bible King Solomon states that there's nothing new under the sun, and whatever has happened before will happen again.

I wonder if this type of sign, sun turning black as looking sack cloth causing the sun to turn blood red??

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Due to the way this comet has broken up, I doubt that this comet will produce the sign this year. I cannot say there is no possibility though.

There is also a slight possibility in 2022, but we should probably look on to another comet. There are several known comets that are possibles, but none of them have broken up. A broken comet passing between Earth and Sun is what is required to produce such an effect.

Anything can happen more suddenly than people imagine. There are many comets & asteroids that are discovered just days before they pass the earth at close range. An example is an 800 meter(1/2 mile diameter) asteroid that was just discovered a couple weeks ago known as 2006 GY2. This asteroid will pass the earth at about 1.7 million miles away on May 12. That's a fair distance off, but pretty close considering its' size.

There are comets that swing around the sun and then pass the earth from the direction of the sun and moving outward into the solar system. Those are very difficult to spot. One day the sign may just appear without any warning at all....even though we have a good idea of what the sign is caused by.

new topics

top topics

join