It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 911 calls to be released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Apparently they are going to release new 911 calls from people in the twin towers so maybe we will get some new information on what was happening inside. Also I wonder if there is a connection between the Alex Jones and Charlie Sheen story and this article. It seems like the beginning of the article is trying to make people feel guilty for discussing the 9/11 attacks.

"NEW YORK (CNN) -- The mayor's office is sending form letters this weekend to the families of 24 victims of the 9/11 attacks, informing them of unreleased recordings of 911 calls made by their loved ones."

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Actually, they're releasing them to the families, and it will be up to the family if they want them made public or not.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
It's interesting in pointing out the reasons why a lot of things are not released. While a lot of people seem to cry conspiracy and cover-up, in reality what they fail to consider are the rights and wishes of the people directly involved.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
It's interesting in pointing out the reasons why a lot of things are not released. While a lot of people seem to cry conspiracy and cover-up, in reality what they fail to consider are the rights and wishes of the people directly involved.

I beg to differ good sir...

In this case, it is the full rights and wishes of the 9/11 families to dictate whether or not they wish to be recipients of unreleased materials, especially after 5 years. I believe most people will cry conspiracy and cover-up when the Government prolongs the release of material, clearly when the law such as the freedom of information act declares otherwise.

And to conspiracy guru, the obvious would suggest a timely release coinciding well with the comments made by that whacko Hollywood star..

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer

And to conspiracy guru, the obvious would suggest a timely release coinciding well with the comments made by that whacko Hollywood star..

Very much the case.
Its like childs play.

Ox

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Actually, Just the 911 operator side of the call will be released.. They wont be able to hear what the civilians were saying..

How convenient..

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Very true Ox...

What if the person is screaming "explosions all over the place... " or "the fires have all gone out". And 5yrs after the fact? What's up with that? My first instinct is to get the tapes to experts to make sure they weren't edited or altered. Also, why wouldn't the 911 calls capture the caller's side of the conversation? Every other 911 tape released does. Cusioser and curioser.

And to whoever it was labelling Charlie Sheen a nutjob (or whatever the term was)... no question, Charlie's no choir boy --- but it takes serious stones to put yourself out there like that. I'll bet my own that there are alot of big names, both in Holywood and Washington, that feel the same way (my guess is something approaching --- what was it --- 82%?). Wouldn't things turn if some of them grew some and spoke out?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
5 years after the phone calls were made? seems fishy to me . why wait so long unless there is something to hide? Mabe they waited untill they were able to make the changes they wanted and not make them seem fake.
it sickens me

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
What I find sick, is the apparent desire of some people to listen to the last words from people who were doomed to die and who probably knew it.

Talk about necrophilic voyeurism.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Do you think police investigators get a necrophiliac woody when listening to 911 calls of say a murder? Then, why would you think that 9-11 investigators would?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Agreed Griff... there hasn't been a crime committed where a 911 call was involved that that call didn't get exhaustively analyzed. These calls could potentially contain crtitical evidence. They need to be analysed by independent experts. Do they need to be played on 'Entertainment Tonight'? Of course not. And I don't think anyone is suggesting that. They simply need to be made available along with any and all other evidence to get to the bottom of 9/11.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
What is supposed to happen is this. The 9-11 tapes, and the 9-11 tapes ONLY, are to be released to the public. The aduio from the dispatchers relaying the info to the firefighters will be released to the public.

new topics

top topics

join