It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which is Bettter, Gold or Silver?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
My friends told me about to invest in Gold and Silver.which one is best to buy, gold or silver? If war in Iran comes. I wecome your feelings about stocks prices.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I personally think silver

honestly either one is good. its like the diffrence between shooting a 2 pointer or a 3 pointer in basketball.

silver has a greater chance for bigger gains over the next few years. Gold has already been veiwed as an investment but for the past several decades thanks to the silver users association, silver has been veiwed as an industrial metal and values have been pushed unrealistically low.

anyway long story short either one but youll probably get more bang for your buck with silver. To show my money is where my mouth is i just graduated college and i cashed in 1000 dollars in bonds i had. Instead of throwing a huge party i put that money into silver and bought 1000 dollars worth.

hope this helped

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Generally all minerals and natural resources tend to go up and down together. I wasn't really watching silver, but I considered investing in gold recently. Unfortunately I bought oil instead, and if I put my money in gold I would have made 10% more.

At the time of posting this, I'd say that most of them have hit their peak, for the short-term anyway. I'd just stay away from all three until things settle down a bit.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
If anyone still cares now is a great time to buy either silver or gold.
the prices has been retreating for about 10 days now and i think it has finally bottomed out, and is now set to go much higher before another correction. so if you were waiting for a time to jump in NOW IS IT.

everywhere you look there is news on how inflation is corroding the dollar.
just some free advice.

gold is at 652 or so right now just for future referance and silver is at 12.50
play ball...

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   

posted by Cinosamitna

My friends told me to invest in Gold and Silver. Which one is best, gold or silver? If war in Iran comes. I welcome your feelings about prices. [Edited by Don W]

Don’t forget platinum. And etc. if you are buying recognized coins like the South African Rand or the Austrian Schilling or the US Dollar or Mexican Peso or Canadian Maple Leaf, they will be good to go if the US currency falters and fails.

OTOH, I’m buying an extra stock of lead as in .45 cal hollow point ammo. I’ll betcha I can buy more food and water with my ‘precious’ metal that you can buy with yours! I’ll be like the godfathers, I’ll make the seller an offer he can’t refuse!

Gold in large quantities; you must insure it; protect it; and have it assayed before you can sell it. All dead loss expense items. As the society becomes more civil, the value of gold declines. If live gets too wild, gold will be worthless as in my lead scenario above.

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
My opinion is Gold or Silver will always hit a rock bottom and always recover, don't buy Gold or Silver now, Silver's low is generally 4 dollars an ounce while Gold's is generally 400. Good rule of thumb. Buy below those marks.

top topics

join