It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delta Force founder: Bush may have started World War III

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Unless I am very much mistaken, this would make you a serious badass.

Hardly. Quit sensationalizing.

And yes, I agree. Despite the awesomeness of special forces professionals, I'm pretty sure the training does not include political science, international diplomacy or global strategy.

I don't look to politicians to carry out special combat operations, either.

You said it far better than I did.
Well said.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
You do have to remember however, that a majority of the guys in SF units have college dregrees. These are not your average dumb grunts, aka "mongo see enemy, mongo point gun, shoot, har har target down yay, beer".

Most of these guys know a lot more about politics than most (not all) of you guys here, including me. They are smart, and taught to think for themselves and problem solve. There are also quite a lot of officers in SF, there's one on every a team, look up mos 18A.

Just don't dismiss someone's credibility when speaking out just because they are enlisted.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Muaddib ALL cultures borrow, all cultures grow and develop, if they don't they die you seem to think that a culture that borrows from others is somehow invalid and that is simply incorrect.

....there is nothing in your last post that has any revelance at all except that you mistake Assyira for Syria, other than a similarity of names they have no association whatsoever save that Syria was ruled by Assyria for a couple hundred years in the last millinea BC...Syria is a region partly composed of what is now Syria, Lebanon and Isreal...Assyira was an empire originating in Northern Iraq and southern Turkey from about 1000 BC to roughly 600 BC that lived on pillage and tributes, were known for their brutality and were heartidly dispised by their subjects (They were the ones who carted the 10 tribes off to Bablyon) so much so that when the Medes and Persians siezed Bablyon and sacked the Assyrian capital of Niniveh that its subject populations rose up and wiped them off the face of the earth.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxvalheruxx
You do have to remember however, that a majority of the guys in SF units have college dregrees

Where are you getting this from?

Also, "Special Forces", at least in the past, used to only really apply to the army Green Berets, now its, I beleive, used for any group really.

And, anyway, what makes this guy's opinion so special? He was one of the first guys in Delta? So what?? That means he's a good killer. *shrugs* Good for him, when we want someone killed, we'll go to him.

The only reason anyone tortures is because they like to do it. It's about vengeance, it's about revenge, or it's about cover-up. You don't gain intelligence that way

On those kinds of things, his opinion is worthwhile, as clearly, he has experience in the field.

But on political ideas...

Tommy Franks was brow-beaten and ... pursued warfare that he knew strategically was wrong in the long term. That's why he retired immediately afterward. His own staff could tell him what was going to happen afterward.

Where is he getting this from? If Frank's was opposed to the war, to the point that he'd leave the military afterwards, he'd've made them change the plans for the war to give it a better chance of success, but he didn't. He stuck to the 'lighting strike' concept. He retired because he screwed up, not out of some moralistic opposition to the war, after he headed it.

Also, notice that this is an article that claims the that LA Daily News conducted this interview and that it would appear in the Mar 27th edition. It didn't. Now it says it will appear in the April 1 edition. Here is the website for the LA Daily news:
www.dailynews.com...

Is this even a real paper? A search for "Eric Haney" turns up a heck of a lot of results. This looks like the one they are talking about. But its dated Mar 26. Was it not fit for the print edition, or is the "raw story" site incompetent? Is he buddies with one of the writers there? It seems that he is involved in a lot of movies and TV shows too, all based on him having been in Delta. Since Delta doesn't officially exist, how do we even know that he was in it??

The article itself reads as nothing more than a short blurb blasting the administration. Again, why do we really care what this guy thinks? Because he's a good killer???

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

and btw, even though there is no clear evidence that SAddam was involved in 9/11, he had ties with Al Qaeda and other Islamic extremists who wanted to kill Americans and Israelis.

BTW Osama was also reprimended by a Muslim cleric who said that Osama didn't give the option for the people of New York to become Muslims, and that only an attack could have happened if they didn't want to become Muslims, Osama said he did this. We had the article about this about a year and a half ago in ATSNN.[edit on 3-4-2006 by Muaddib]

Muaddib, nowhere in the quote does it say that OBL took credit for the 9/11 attack. Haven't you ever wondered how we immediately knew it was him when we couldn't get it together enough to heed the warnings in the first place, how could we get it together enough to know who was responsible within 12 hours after the attack? Your quote proves nothing.
As for research actually, I've spent about 2 hours every single day researching 9/11 for the past 4.5 years.

As for WWIII, I believe Bush did start it, he started it when he invaded Iraq and Afghanistan, something that was already in the works before 9/11, if you read PNAC's statement of foreign policy, written before 9/11.
Bush has now created even more terrorists and enemies in the middle east with his invasion of Iraq. One could say that WW3 actually started when Bush signed his name to our official policy statement on foreign affairs that states that the U.S. will preemptively strike any nation they even think is plotting against the U.S. In effect, we became a rogue nation, viewing everyone else in the world as our enemy to be fought against, instead of using diplomacy to cool off the anger between Middle East and U.S.

-Forestlady
P.S. - Sorry for the double post, I hit the reply button too soon.

(Mod edit: big quote shrinked)

[edit on 5-4-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
As far as knowing quickly that it was bin ladin, he had been stating for a long time that he was going to do it. The war calls were unheeded, until after the fact. This, while some people don't beleive it, isn't immpossible or too unreasonable.

Also, I recall after 911 that people were wary of pinning it on radical muslims. After the OK city bombing, everyone thought it was nutty muslims, but it ended up beign nutty christers, so I had the impression, anyways, that people were saying 'lets not jump to conclusions again'.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Muaddib ALL cultures borrow, all cultures grow and develop, if they don't they die you seem to think that a culture that borrows from others is somehow invalid and that is simply incorrect.

In this case it isn't "borrowing", it was more like what Edison did with Nichola Tesla, Tesla made many inventions and patents, and Edison got the credit for all of Tesla's inventions, meanwhile Tesla worked for Edison.

Muslims should be thanking the Christian Assyrians and many other ethnic groups/cultures for providing them with an education, after the newly converted Muslims went about the world conquering the countries of other ethnic groups, the knowledge from those nations assimilated into the Islamic culture and later on was mistakenly attributed to having come from
Muslims.

Originally posted by grover
....there is nothing in your last post that has any revelance at all except that you mistake Assyira for Syria, other than a similarity of names they have no association whatsoever save that Syria was ruled by Assyria for a couple hundred years in the last millinea BC...

Right grover....as always when you are proven wrong you change tactics, and where did i say anything about Syria? I said the Assyrians were from what is Iraq and iran today, there are still Assyrian Christians in Iraq and other regions but they are a minority due to the fact that over the millenia many Assyrians had to convert to Islam because not many people could pay the heavy taxes that Non-Muslims have to pay in Muslim lands.

Anyways...going back to the topic, imo anyone who claims that it was president Bush, or Blair who started WWIII obviously doesn't know, or doesn't want to accept, what has been going on around the world for a while now, before the wars in Afghanistan or Iraq started.

[edit on 5-4-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
As far as knowing quickly that it was bin ladin, he had been stating for a long time that he was going to do it. The war calls were unheeded, until after the fact. This, while some people don't beleive it, isn't immpossible or too unreasonable.

Also, I recall after 911 that people were wary of pinning it on radical muslims. After the OK city bombing, everyone thought it was nutty muslims, but it ended up beign nutty christers, so I had the impression, anyways, that people were saying 'lets not jump to conclusions again'.

Maybe you should research on the third man on the OK city bombing, in which a reporter found that there was a third man behind it and he was an Islamic radical.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
forestlady, it wasn't immediately that this was said, and as Nydgan has said OBL has been stating what he was going to do for a long time.

There is a link in the forums about an interview that was done to OBL back in 97, where he mentioned that even when the U.S. was helping them to fight the Russians in the 80s they were devising plans on how to attack America next.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join