It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delta Force founder: Bush may have started World War III

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Delta Force founder: Bush may have started World War III

A founding member of the elite counter-terrorist unit, Delta Force, suggested that President Bush's invasion of Iraq may have started World War III, according to the Los Angeles Daily News, RAW STORY has learned. The article, acquired by RAW STORY Friday night, is expected in Sunday editions of the paper.

Retired Command Sergeant Major Eric Haney's book "Inside Delta Force" became the basis for the CBS drama "The Unit," where he now assumes technical adviser and executive producer duties.

Click on the article to read excerpts from the forthcoming article written by David Kronke:

Looks like their coming out of the woodwork each passing day.

Read what he says about Cheney.

Mod Edit: Image Edited by poster's request.

[edit on 26-3-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I was just about to post this. Very interesting, and certainly an eye-opener for many military folks.

Q: What do you make of the torture debate? Cheney ...

A: (Interrupting) That's Cheney's pursuit. The only reason anyone tortures is because they like to do it. It's about vengeance, it's about revenge, or it's about cover-up. You don't gain intelligence that way. Everyone in the world knows that. It's worse than small-minded, and look what it does

So very true! I hope this story will hit the main stream media, it puts the nonsence Rumsfeld and Gen Pace say into perspective!

Mod Edit: How to Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26-3-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The guy is just trying to sell his book.

1 - Bush may have started WWIII? Nope. It's already going on.
The radical Muslims started it. Going into Iraq did not. The Iraqis
are very glad to be rid of Saddam. The insurgents must love
Americans because THEY are the only reason we are still there.
If they'd quit murdering their fellow muslims, we'd be gone and
the Iraqis could continue their transition to freedom.

2 - Cheney and torture? Yeah, right. He needs to give some
solid proof that it's happening. Having some dogs bark at a
few naked Iraqi POWs is not good behavior, but it hardly ranks
with torture and itis definately not proof of anything widespread
or intense.

Sorry, but I just see a guy trying to sell his book. Some of what he
says may be true, some may not. Whatever he says that isn't backed
with solid proof is just opinion at this point. He's entitled to sell his
opinionated book and I'm sure the left will gobble it up and he'll
make his $$$ - I won't deny him that American capitalistic right...
even if those radical muslims that we are fighting would.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
That hardly seems likely, considering the book was published in 2002 and was successful enough to have a TV show based upon it...

Still, you might be right....I'll go look for the full article that was to be published today. Let's see what he has to say.

[edit on 26-3-2006 by loam]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

For more than twenty years, Command Sergeant Major (retired) Eric L. Haney served in the United States Army’s most demanding combat units: As a Combat Infantryman, as a Ranger, and ultimately, as a founding member and eight-year veteran of the Army’ super secret counter-terrorism arm, Delta Force.
www.erichaney.com...

The Full story is out now:

'Unit's' military expert has fighting words for Bush -LA Daily News
Since he has devoted his life to protecting his country in some of the world's most dangerous hot spots, you might assume Haney is sympathetic to the Bush administration's current plight in Iraq (the laudatory cover blurb on his book comes from none other than Fox's News' Bill O'Reilly). But he's also someone with close ties to the Pentagon, so he's privy to information denied the rest of us.

Q: As someone who repeatedly put your life on the line, did some of the most hair-raising things to protect your country, and to see your country behave this way, that must be ...

A: It's pretty galling. But ultimately I believe in the good and the decency of the American people, and they're starting to see what's happening and the lies that have been told. We're seeing this current house of cards start to flutter away. The American people come around. They always do.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Here's another another angle on it :

Neocons Commence World War Three -Global Researcher
In Bushzarro world, the invasion and occupation of Iraq was first about Saddam’s illusory weapons of mass destruction, and then in lieu of actually finding any weapons the excuse shifted to altruism, a mawkish desire to bestow democracy on benighted Iraqis (who pretty much pioneered civilization 12,000 years ago as Mesopotamians and didn’t need any help from the neocons). In fact, the invasion had nothing to do with either of these things, as some of us said in late 2002, about the time the Straussian neocons began making serious noise about invading Iraq and killing thousands of people.

According to retired Delta Force Command Sergeant Major Eric Haney, the United States has “fomented civil war in Iraq” and has “probably fomented internecine war in the Muslim world between the Shias and the Sunnis…. I think Bush may well have started the third world war, all for their own personal policies,” Haney will tell the Los Angeles Daily News tomorrow, Raw Story reports.

The CSM laid it out grunt style as in blunt, frank and to the point

[edit on 26-3-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Everyone is entitled to his opinion, and this man has more then earned his right to say and question what he likes. Whether or not we have to take his word as god's is a different matter.

[edit on 26-3-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I am not any Delta force member but I have to disagree with his views on torture. I think its a horrible tactic and dont condone it but , Every single person has a breaking point when it comes to torture be it physical or mental torture.

People in the military know this and are trained to deal with it. They know with enough time and enough pain everyone will be broken. People arent trained to resists torture indefinitely because it aint going to happen.

It also depends what we classify as torture which is a joke in itself , Sleep deprivation, solitary confinment and numerous other allowed tactics are indeed torture just different degrees but its still torture. This isnt torture this is torture is all hogwash.

The problem is its only really effective if you know for sure, they know the intel you are looking for. In those cases its very effective because with enough pain they will give it up. For example if you had video of a man kidnapping a girl but couldn't find the girl. You know he took her but dont know what he did with her and he isnt talking. With enough time and torture believe me he would give up the information.

Otherwise with enough pain they will say anything even addmitt to being a witch or the sun is blue whatever you want them to say. Thats just pointless.

You aint going to get someone to reveal vital intel by asking nicely and saying please. Under those conditions people can indeed hold out indefinitely

la2

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

1 - Bush may have started WWIII? Nope. It's already going on.
The radical Muslims started it.

actually if you read work by scolars currently investigating WW3, you will see that events leading upto it go all the way back to the founding of Israel, the intervention of the USA in the 1991 gulf war, and the ever onward march of US Governments to impose American ideals and values upon the world. And the attitude of blame that runs rife in american culture is what gives the radicals of this world something to be radical about.

Remember America - even the romans fell eventually!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Has he not gotten any flak from other members of SF, and have his jobs dried up? I am always suspicious when and ex anyone starts to speak up.
Is he running for local office?

As far as Bush starting WW3, it was actually radical Islam with the 9/11 attacks. This will be remembered as the beginning.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

And the attitude of blame that runs rife in american culture is what gives the radicals of this world something to be radical about.

No, they will always be radical, the US is not the source of their problems we are just an excuse they use to achieve their ends. They want an Islamic ruled world and as long as the United States or any county who opposes that exist then they will always use us as an excuse.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
First thing is first: the Delta Force doesn't exist and second: President Bush didn't start anything. He's just following up on what's already been started by the Muslim world.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
I am always suspicious when and ex anyone starts to speak up.
Is he running for local office?

A interesting point to consider he does have a new TV show to pomote "The Unit," which just happens to get a shout out in this article.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
My favorite line:

"...benighted Iraqis (who pretty much pioneered civilization 12,000 years ago as Mesopotamians and didn’t need any help from the neocons)."

And leave us not forget - we bombed the oldest city in the world straight into oblivion.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
And leave us not forget - we bombed the oldest city in the world straight into oblivion.

Yeah. And we didn't even get a thanks for it. See how ungrateful some people are? See, we were doing them a favor by blowing them to hell and now all we get is ridicule and criticism.

Bunch of ingrates!

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I had to laugh at the tags.

If "Opinion for Sale", means we shouldn't listen to anyone who can make money from this war, then we've got a bunch of people who should have their lips sown shut, running the thing.

Why are the only people not allowed to make money from war, those working to end it? Because most would rather risk making wars, than risk losing money ending those wars.

Humans are a resource, to be freely traded with others who possess resources. Any expert, from any field who comes out to say otherwise is only doing it for the money. Why can't they just trade on dangerous products being dumped in third world countries, like any moral investor.

Yep, how dare this "ex" military man share his opinion on this war when so many ATSers know so much more than him, enough at least to publicly question his integrity.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
As a Christian I condemn torture.

I doubt Bush is a Christian. He doesn't seem to know the meaning of "love your enemies" or "do unto others as you'd have them do unto you."

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan
Yep, how dare this "ex" military man share his opinion on this war when so many ATSers know so much more than him, enough at least to publicly question his integrity.

Well said. Makes me wonder what motivates people to push a war agenda,
if they have no monetary interest in it and how they think they actually haved gained on acts of destruction..

Thanks for the chuckle....

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Amethyst,
I'm sorry to say this man. But in the dog-eat-dog world we live in. Its hard to live by the Christian principles that I believe in as well. Its even harder to live by them when youre dealing with other individuals on the scale that POTUS has to. Every country looks after their own interests, and I dont blame them one bit.

All I'm saying is, is that if you dont know the man personally, then dont make assumptions about them.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan
I had to laugh at the tags.

If "Opinion for Sale", means we shouldn't listen to anyone who can make money from this war, then we've got a bunch of people who should have their lips sown shut, running the thing.

Why are the only people not allowed to make money from war, those working to end it? Because most would rather risk making wars, than risk losing money ending those wars.

Humans are a resource, to be freely traded with others who possess resources. Any expert, from any field who comes out to say otherwise is only doing it for the money. Why can't they just trade on dangerous products being dumped in third world countries, like any moral investor.

I praise Bush for his strong X-tian values...ALright b.s. I am just another investor enjoying the Haliburton and Exxon splits, dividends, and positive growth performance. Hey just like he said above, just another ruthlessly moral investors looking to dump poison onto the third world markets and if along the way we have to step on the throats of a few "undesirables" so be it. I prefer the bombings in Iraq what about you Amethyst?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Here's another another angle on it :

Neocons Commence World War Three -
In Bushzarro world ... neocons.. neocons - killing thousands of people. .

Not exactly a balanced news article, is it? Facts are missing, but
there sure is plenty of radical left wing rhetoric and emotion.

Soficrow said -

we bombed the oldest city in the world straight into oblivion

Come on soficrow, we didn't.

[edit on 3/27/2006 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join