It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Socitey vs. Public Society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
A secret Society:
1: The very existance is unknown except to it's members.
2: Purposes unkonwn except to it's members.
3: Location unknown except to it's members.
4: Membership unknown.
5: Actions unrecognized.

Public Society:
1: Existance known to the general public.
2: Purposes stated.
3: Location is known, or easily found.
4: Membership is known, or easily found out.
5. Actions visable to general public.

Which is Masonry?

Possiblity or "new" Idea?
Masonry is a public society with some private matters. Just like any other club, there are some things that are only the consern or business of the members.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Student

Masonry is a public society with some private matters. Just like any other club, there are some things that are only the concern or business of the members.

And it is precisely those private matters that concern those of us with a more conspiratorial bent.

My club is and open book, even the finances, come on in have a look around. Stay for the ceremonies and rituals, can I get you a beverage?

None of this; I'm sorry you aren't a member BS. Elitism sucks!!

And those that feel the need to be "special" or "better than" have some
deep seated issues with insecurity. Just my opinion and we all know about opinions.

And a question: Why the constant need to defend Masonry? I f it is so Innocent: why bother!

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Whaa

What elitist? If you want to find out the facts, ask to join. If you should decide it isn't for you you can always demit.

The only thing of intrest at most meeting is how much the power bill was that month, some educational presentations on either the history of masonry or on the ways to improve yourself. All of tht is sort of falls under the catagory of "what business is it of anyone else what my power bill is?"

As for the "secrets", The degrees are readily avaiable, either on line with some research, or at the local bookstore. "Duncan's Ritual" by Malcolm C. Duncan, the publisher of the one in front of me is Fitzgerald Publishing Corp. (pub. date 1922), but I've seen some current copies at Barns & Noble. (Black cover white printing, paper back.)

As for feeling a need to defend masonry? I personally don't see that we have done anything that needs defending. I do feel that there are a lot of missunderstandings and misconseptions about masonry. And those I do feel should be addressed.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
My Masonic Temple has a library with thousands of Masonic books. It is open to the public. There is nothing to hide. Anyone can read the books. Perhaps if people read more, there would be less speculation as to its secrets.

new topics

top topics

join