It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sedona, Az ...ever get that strange feeling?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Do you ever get that strange feeling that someone or something is trying to tell you something? When suddenly seemingly unrelated events, topics, subjects seem to be pointing in a similar direction? Is it some type of subliminal message or just some filtering selective thinking?

I sure as heck don't know, but would love to hear opinions and experiences. I've had quite a few myself, and sometimes I do write it off to selective thinking, but other times...I'm not even trying to put things together and actually for some time will ignore the "signs."

Take my recent quest to ignore everything pointing to Sedona Az. At first I suddenly asked a friend of mine if they remembered telling me about the bizarre occurrences while living near Sedona AZ. I have no idea why I suddenly asked her this. She hasn't lived near Sedona in about 18 years-but here I was blurting it out for no apparent reason-it took me by surprise actually.

These occurrences consisted of "talking toys" in her own home which dictated to her daughter that she had to run in circles...when I asked her about it she remembered vividly and instantly and said Oh yes and elaborated on how she herself had heard voices, or felt strong overwhelming prompting to do things such as throw away all of her gold and silver jewelry...which she did...gold necklaces, jade rings, diamond rings etc.

I remembered her doing that act, and that at the time, she thought they represented something evil. But now, being more retrospective about it she said it was more like she was influenced by evil...a fear drove her to do it...made her feel her jewelry was evil.

Back then, she sought some pastoral counseling and was told actually for those parts it wasn't odd at all. Especially the talking toys-rocking horses, etc., were known to be talking to children quite often. Many parents had been concerned about toys and such being "possessed."

Yes, I'm being serious. She was serious. She is not known to lie and I've known her for over 20 years. I had remembered her telling me similar as far back as 15 years ago when she was still living in those parts.

She also said there were a lot of witches and occultists and those that thought Sedona was some kind of...spiritual or occult haven of sorts. She had remembered one boy who had been afraid to go home for days, and one particular day he had begged the bus driver to not make him get off the bus and let him go home with them instead.

The next day he was found dead. Hanged. Apparently some accident involving a rope and a game the kids were playing. The parents had found him.

So after our conversation I thought little more of it but then everything I read for like a week has suddenly gone back to Sedona, AZ. Coincidence I kept thinking. Then today I had read an old post here when tagging threads citing Skepdic.com which I'd never heard of...then in an unrelated subject search on the web today I was browsing for I found two things- a link to Sedona and to skepdic.com on the same page.

Sure, just another coincidence-but interesting....I mean my Sedona occurrences have had nothing to do with skepdic.com, and I could have noticed that site today merely because I took note of it first today here...although admittedly when it was first noticed here, I took note and laughed at the name thinking it meant something other than a skeptic dictionary. But most importantly I noted knowing I had never seen it before. So to find it, a link to it, on a site today...along with Sedona... well it seemed...odd...gave me *that* feeling.

What I was actually doing, was wondering about crop circles today. Being as spring is to soon begin I was thinking 'tis the season right? The beginning of the season as the "Temporary Temples" season will soon be upon us...or at least upon the Brits.

So, in looking into the crop circles I was thinking about Ley lines in general. I did NOT know Sedona, AZ was on a Ley line. I do now. I also know what skepdic.com is. So should I be skeptical of Sedona, or am I just being given another *sign* to help emphasis my coincidental Sedona happenings are not so coincidental?

What is really intriguing is though I could find a ton of things talking about how UFOs are often cited there, conventions held there, a door, even a stargate supposed there, not to mention all sorts of holistic healing promoted there, "spiritual experiences" etc there has been very little good documentation I can find-skeptical documentation-or otherwise. I can't help wondering why?

I don't know where my search is to lead...but ever get *that* feeling you are being lead to search out something? So besides that question...can anyone tell me anything about Sedona, AZ?

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Sedona has many vortexes. My sister lives there and she loves it for the 'energy'.

Read more here

Sedona Vortex Experience

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Thanks-I appreciate the links, but that is the kind of stuff I find all over about Sedona. The new age healing stuff/spiritual stuff. I actually had another contact link to Sedona when I went to a Chiropractor in Tucson, AZ while on vacation a couple of years ago and there was a naturopathic doctor sharing his building and she had just given up a practice in or around Sedona.

But what I want to know right now....what I am searching for... is not so much of the personal accounts of the beauty, and energy, there...but what of the *work* done to rpove disprove things there. Scientific/paranormal research. I read where indeed the magnetic fields etc have been studdied, certain scientific tests recorded-but can't find anything of where such tests and records are on the web.

I hear of UFo citings/conventions and supernatural tales, but find no paranormal research on the web...

I hate when I feel *led* somewhere and then it's like I've been led to a brik wall. :bnghd:

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Think2

I spend a fair amount of time in Sedona on business and personally I have never really felt any thing there except blatant commercialization of the new age phenom.

Some of my friends that live there, make exceptional claims as to the "spiritualness" of the valley and surrounding mesas.

It is a beautiful area and if you feel drawn; just to experience one of the most incredibly beautiful landscapes in the US might be enough even if the mystical connection isn't made. The locals there are very sweet and gentle souls with a genuine love of the area.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
this is too bizarre,I'm thinking of buying a house there,I guess I should go scope place out talk to the locals

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yeah definately scope the place out and talk to people, but realize there are many types of people...there is alot of touristy stuff too. Besides the new age stuff, some people abhor it for the psuedo-southwestern native american edge it tries to sell. And others fear some of the occultish aspects of it. however it is a beatiful place everyone agrees....and as Waaa has said there are some genuine gentle spirits and sweet people there too.

[edit on 27-3-2006 by think2much]

new topics

top topics

join