It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Pentagon Report: Russian Pre-War Intelligence Given to Saddam

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by apocalypticon
Newsweek is going with the idea that the intel, at least, was bad. Here's the link:

Thanks, in some of the original reports I read the same thing but couldn't find the articles when I went to post this story.

Its interesting what the russians gave Saddam but what I really find interesting in this report is how inept Saddam was in planning a defense to the invasion.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Its interesting what the russians gave Saddam but what I really find interesting in this report is how inept Saddam was in planning a defense to the invasion.

Just my opinion, but I think ol' Saddam must have been tweakin' from the stress of trying to figure out which of his fears was going to materialize first: Shia' uprising or American attack, or maybe an assassination. Or any other combination of potential "unpleasantness" once American military action loosed his grip on things.

I am willing to bet that he had developed a nice case of colitis before it was all over...

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Originally posted by grover
Is that what I said? NO!!! I didn't. I said exactly what i intended to say so stop reading things I didn't state or imply, into it. What government is in Iraq is propped up by us, without whom, it would fall (and still might); we have the might and we call the shots...what else would you call it?

Seems like that hit a nerve?

I would call it what it is, a transitional government in a country crawling out from 30 years of dictatorship.

A puppet government is the type of thing the USSR would put up in places like the Czech republic.

No it didn't "hit a nerve", it just annoys me when people read things into what I post. I say what I mean, if you see hidden messages there, its an assumption on your part.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
---Edited---

I can't give a link to the original website.

The specifics to what is in the documents can be found through ABC News.
abcnews.go.com...

[edit on 27-3-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
BTW, if anyone is going to take a look at the military website there is a warning at the beginning of the page, which is why I did not link directly to it. If you want to take a look at it, the link to ABC gives a general idea of where the documents can be found.

[edit on 28-3-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Originally posted by apocalypticon
Newsweek is going with the idea that the intel, at least, was bad. Here's the link:

Thanks, in some of the original reports I read the same thing but couldn't find the articles when I went to post this story.

Maybe because if his military leaders told him the truth they would've been put up against a wall and shot? The Iraqi security services and military were telling Saddam what he wanted to hear; that they were well-dug in and had all sorts of nasty suprises up their sleeves for the Americans....oh, and that the Americans were infidels and would be struck down by lightening as soon as they stepped across the border into Southern Iraq.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join