It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain pushes for military option to restrain Tehran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Britain takes a hard stand. They also think that China and Russia could be appeased into support for action against Iran. Looks like things are in the works. Soon the Iranian government will have to make a tough decision, one that could bring great hardship to its people.

Let’s summarize Iran’s choices:

1) Let the world enrich uranium for them so they can create the energy they say they need. Iranian people win.

2) Defy the world in the hopes of making nuclear weapons (to make good on its threats against Israel and the west?) and be attacked leading to the destruction of all offensive military power and infrastructure. Iranian people suffer unduly.

I think the Iranian people should overthrow their government before Britain and friends do it for them…

Britain warns of military action

BRITAIN is pressing for a United Nations resolution that would open the way for punitive sanctions and even the use of force if Iran were to refuse to halt its controversial nuclear programme.

In a confidential letter obtained by The Times, a leading British diplomat outlines a strategy for winning Russian and Chinese support by early summer for a so-called Chapter VII resolution demanding that Iran cease its nuclear activities.

If the Government in Tehran refused to comply with such a resolution, the UN Security Council would be legally compelled to enforce it.

[edit on 24-3-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I remember the British Forein minister recently saying that military action vs Iran was 'inconceivable' so I wouldnt beleive your external source.
I have said repeatedly for a few months now that the US/Britain/Israel have no military option vs Iran..Everyone kept saying that that lame attack would come end of March and now here we are You can Dream on about removing Irans govt because Iran has more than 5000 missiles that can strike US/British bases nearby if the US lanches an attack. The US is incapable of launching an invasion and if they use air-strikes they get hit by missiles and suffer more damage than they can inflict.

[edit on 24-3-2006 by jajabinks]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jajabinks
I remember the British Forein minister recently saying that military action vs Iran was 'inconceivable' so I wouldnt beleive your external source.

And you trust what politicians say? Especially a slimeball like Straw?

I have said repeatedly for a few months now that the US/Britain/Israel have no military option vs Iran..Everyone kept saying that that lame attack would come end of March and now here we are You can Dream on about removing Irans govt because Iran has more than 5000 missiles that can strike US/British bases nearby if the US lanches an attack. The US is incapable of launching an invasion and if they use air-strikes they get hit by missiles and suffer more damage than they can inflict.

And you can keep kidding yourself it isn't going to happen. Trust me, it will if Iran don't start playing ball.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
with who's army???

with who's money??

extreme hardship on the Iranians??? what about the extreme hardship this is gonna put on my kids and grandkids, and probably their kids as well.....trying to pay off this massive bill we have already??

just break the oil habit and nuke the middle east, it will be cheaper!

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

I think the Iranian people should overthrow their government before Britain and friends do it for them…

If history serves as a guide, the Iranian people generally overthrow their government after Britain and friends do it for them...

Should hopefully give some pause for thought before we try it again.

[edit on 24-3-2006 by koji_K]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Skippytjc source is correct; the wording is a bit confusing using the “Chapter VII” resolution. The following article explains the mentioned portion a bit better:

If the talks drag on, Britain and France have considered dropping the idea of a council statement, which requires agreement by all 15 members. Instead they would turn the statement into a resolution, which needs nine favorable votes and no veto, and dare Russia and China to vote "no."
Source Article: Reuter's

I have said repeatedly for a few months now that the US/Britain/Israel have no military option vs Iran..Everyone kept saying that that lame attack would come end of March and now here we are.

There will be many more indicators if and when the event becomes closer to fruition. Certain statements speculating a ‘March ’06 type’ (and many previous others) military action was/is really just that…speculation.

As I understand there has never been any official discussion or mention concerning and ‘invasion’ of Iran. Logically speculating, unless fully provoked, the current administration will not consider a strike until very near or immediately following the US congressional elections in December 2006. (to prevent the ‘war/anti-war’ platform etc. from being used). As for the following:

…and if they use air-strikes they get hit by missiles and suffer more damage than they can inflict.

This is just, well….speculation.

mg

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

The people of Iraq never managed to overthrow Saddam.
What makes you think that the people of Iran will have the will and the way to overthrow there government ?

[edit on 25-3-2006 by xpert11]

top topics

join