It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Company Wants To Test All Of Its Cows For Mad Cow; USDA Won't Let It

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Thank you zenlover. GREAT comedy.

Especially the part about conflicting test results and how the government decided to accept the 1 negative test out of 3 positives and not to test further so as not to undermine peoples' confidence in government testing.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Your most welcome.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I heard this on NPR also...
The rancher seems like a very honest and hororable person

there is no question (IMO) that the USDA is protecting the Cattle lobby.
Is it a PR thing, or a health thing...
could be both of course...

can we blame them? afterall, Bush will have to move back to Crawford TX soon... having all your neighbors pissed at ya, ain't a good homecoming...

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Lazarus, that is what makes it a hard issue for me. There are some very disturbing issues in that audit, but the majority of these cattle ranchers are honest, hard working people that are just trying to make a living like anyone else. I should know because I was raised on one. It's a tough issue for farmers and the government. The farmers have been hit so hard in other areas that it really has put the government in a tough spot on how to handle this issue. However, safety should come first and I do think the government realizes that it will be their heads if this issue isn't handled with the a lot of care on both ends.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
If the truth be known, take a look at the number of alzheimer's patients that have sprung up in the past 6 years.

I believe that it is the answer to the question of BSE. It seems it is being blamed on aluminum cans and such, anything but beef.

Appears that the elderly and the vulnerable children are more susceptible to BSE. If they began to test all of these patients for BSE most would come up with the Disease.

Problem is that you just cannot avoid it if you eat within a budget. It is being placed in everything from Cake mixes to toothpaste.

It is probably saturating our ground water, where is all of the infected blood going from the 350, million cows slaughtered per year?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join