It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I was hoping to get maybe a couple of different takes or thoughts on the following: My son who is 4 everynow and again will say he sees people in the house, other than my wife and I. About a month ago we were outside and he said, "look dad see the man between the two pictures...". Those pictures were about 30 feet away and barely visible from the driveway. Later that same day, "see dad the man is in the window....". I get freaked out pretty easily and tell him that there isn't anyone there, but he insists pretty strongly and after that doesn't mention it again. He never mentions that they talk to him or scare him and just usually sees them when were outside. Though he does concern himself with people 'passing away'.
Should I be concerned? Should I encourage dialogue about what he sees? He doesn't watch all sorts of cartoons that are violent or the like. Any ideas or am I just over-reacting??

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I don't think you're overreacting at all. They say children are more receptive to the paranormal. I am a firm believer in ghosts. Perhaps your house is haunted? The 'man' doesn't seem to be violent or a threat to your child, so that's great. Occasionally, ghosts appear on photographs that are taken inside of haunted areas. I recommend searching through photos taken inside of the house and look for anomalies. Also, you can use a microcassette recorder to record ghost voices--They are called EVP's (electronic voice phenomena). I have recorded several EVP's myself, but they weren't heard at the time of recording.

I am a truth seeker, so I'd be inclined to ask a couple of questions about the 'man' anytime the child mentions him. I'm not sure if this would be disturbing to the child or not, as I do not have any experience with talking to young children about ghosts. If the 'man' becomes a problem for you, then I would simply ask (aloud) if he would please leave; People have had great luck with politely asking that this type of activity stop. I hope this helps you.

Edited to add: Assuming it is a ghost...If not, then I wouldn't know how you should proceed.

[Edited on 10/10/2003 by Bangin]

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Actually I would maybe calmly ask a few questions about what he's seeing instead of just denying it and telling him it isn't there. For one, if he does see something that might be a bit confusing for him. Pay close attention to the details especially!

I'd also say you should try and read his body language and emotions about the situation too to see if you can kinda get a feeling of how he feels about it. Don't make it into a bigger deal than it is though, you don't want to scare him or encourage him to make up stories either.

Even if you can't tell right away whether or not he sees someone or it's just imaginary I would allow him to continue as long as there is no fear or harm from it. If it is creative imagination it would be a bummer to destroy that at such a young age.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Just be like everyone else in this world:

tell him that because you do not see it or believe in it that he is crazy,

if he persists obtain counselling for him,

if he grows up troubled and starts drinking to avoid the pain,

tell him he is no good and that he be like 'everybody else,'

I know you will not do this but think of the consequences if you did.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Imaginary friends are common with youngsters. Not saying that's what it is...but a thought. (and you asked for thoughts...)

Otherwise, may want to do some research on the house. Anyone die there? History of sightings? Children are more receptive to this (they haven't learned to define their reality yet, they simply experience it)... Any kind of poltergeist activity? (objects misplaced, move of their own accord, etc.) Did someone in the family recently pass away? (especially someone the child looked up to, or knew well).

As some mentioned, get details about the "man". This might help to determine if it's just a manifestation in his mind (forced to give details, he'll hesitate to think of them), or something the child really sees....

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Your son is fine. Don't tell him nothing is there, tell him you don't see it. With the 2012 alignment coming, many children will be seeing ghost and spirits before the adults. The 2012 alignment will bring with it the ether which is the 5th element or dimension. It is the realm of spirit and psychic abilities. Many children will be born psychic. This alignment is about the next evolutional step for man, the ether or sacred tree of knowledge. The Sacred Tree is found to be none other than the crossing point of the ecliptic with the band of the Milky Way. It is a cycle, we haven't seen this alignment for 26,000 years. Many things will change.

Here is a site with information on the December 21st 2012 alignment

www.levity.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
First find out about the history of the area around and on the land that the house was built, you know murders graves, etc. Encourage you son to talk about it. Let me know about the history.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
mybe ask your son to talk to them, and see what they "ghosts" say,

you can learn alot if he tells you, after all hes so so young he wunt beable to make up anything that sounds real if you know what i mean,

if what he says sounds like there noway in hell he could have made it up then iether

A:he is just another pycic and encurge him to use it
B:the ghosts are coming to him for somthing inportent

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Thanks for all the great help and 'thoughts', I always encourage my son in all of his discussions and such, but I guess I'll need to have more of an open mind in dealing with this.
As far as the History of the house, were the 4th owners. The one thing that I felt when my wife and I moved in almost 6 years ago, is that it reminded me of my grandparents home, very comforting, a grandpa and grandma house. The two previous owners moved on no problem. Now the first owners were here for about 40 or so years, house was built in the early 1940's. I am not sure if they were here until they passed away.
I don't know much else about the area. Really flat and poor drainage as per the assestment of the Golf Course architects in 1919. Another thing that has come to mind is that for the longest time my son said that he used to see an owl in his mirror, only at night before the lights went out. I don't know if that is significant at all. And to all of those that replied thank you all so much.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Bah, don't worry. Unless these apparitions start taking violent action against you, don't worry over it. I have numerous spirits in my home, the only two I recognize being my spirit guide and my brother. There's one spirit that I've physically seen, which I cannot identify, but resembles a faerie. I also sense numerous others within and around my home. None have given me any reason to fear them, so I don't.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
everyone iv seen have ran away from me lmao

(no joke)

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I think you should try to explain to him that what he sees isn't normal but could still be quite real. I also think that you should try interacting with the spaces these people appear in. Do they feel cold or forboding?
Experiment around with that; you might be surprised.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
i dont think it is unnormal what he experiences. There have always been others around. wheter it is a gost or residu of a life or thought it is probably real. I hink if nothing stresses your boy out than let him talk about it and make him feel taken serious.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hey there again, I spoke with my boy this morning just to see if he wanted to talk about what he has seen. He said that the man was a friendly ghost, but he doesn't 'respond' to him. He was tall, with a dark face and things in his hair like beads. He also said that he doesn't have any clothes and that he was supposed to be here later today. So far nothing, just a happy go lucky kid wearing a Buzz Lightyear costume.....don't ask.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerProne
Hey there again, I spoke with my boy this morning just to see if he wanted to talk about what he has seen. He said that the man was a friendly ghost, but he doesn't 'respond' to him. He was tall, with a dark face and things in his hair like beads. He also said that he doesn't have any clothes and that he was supposed to be here later today. So far nothing, just a happy go lucky kid wearing a Buzz Lightyear costume.....don't ask.

i dunno man,

im not a pycoligest or anything,

just keep doign what your doing but you might have to see a profesional...

becouse i think, that if he is phcic and is "realy" seeing them and there "realY there then they would responed

or it could be that there REALY there and him not making up anything that he is telling the truth so i realy dont know

[Edited on 11-10-2003 by Dmsoldier]

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I think it's wondeful that you to talk with your son about unusual things he sees. As many of the above posts have already pointed out, children really do seem to have a receptiveness to ghosts and the like, and perhaps with openess and respect from you, your son can maintain his awareness. Mind you I don't know if that's something you'd want for him or not, but it may be something to think about.

top topics

join