It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Iran Propaganda - CNN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
CNN is launching a huge offensive on Iran, the US is gearing up for a full scale attack on Iran.

I am for reform in the politics of middle east, but it is obvious the US is targetting Iran because of the problems it poses to their economic interests.

I don't like the political system in Iran, it stinks!

Like the political system in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and even still in Afghanistan.

I think westerners are waking up to the hypocrisy and hopefully won't buy the arguments to invade the next Opec member. But i am not going to hold my breath.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Actually while we are on this subject,

who does like Iran anyways?

Not good to not have friends especially when you are up to all the skullduggery that Iran is up to.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Iran is about to go through some "changes" on its own accord...the US needs to only sit back and watch.

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Iran is about to go through some "changes" on its own accord...the US needs to only sit back and watch.

regards
seekerof

Seeker,

Care to be more specific?

What are 'they' going to change by themselfs?

Or what possibly could US change there?

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
fulcrum - dont you remember the recent student protests? MOST Iranians are pro-US and love Bush, well, sort of.

they're ruled by a tiny minority through force and are despised by most ALL Iranians.

But, yes, Iran 'changing' on it's own is inevitable, I think.
A little anti-Iran government rhetoric and some 'pro Iranian people' support might help their efforts.

Sad a country so rich in culture and history is currently so oppressed.

[Edited on 10-10-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
THis is not a surprise. Actually, if you have been watching the media in the US has been ramping up the rhetoric against both Iran (who is the most militarily formidable OPEC member at the moment) and against Saudi Arabia (remember the silenced report about Saudi complicity in 911?)

I would expect anti-Saudi sentiment in particular to skyrocket very shortly after Russia going to the Euro, virtually guaranteeing that OPEC will follow suit.

After all, when we start another war, we have to have public opinion behind it.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Always wanting 'proof'.John.....*sigh*

"Ya'alon: Good chance of internal revolution in Iran"
Link:
www.haaretzdaily.com...

"U.S. Eyes Pressing Uprising In Iran"
Link:
www.washingtonpost.com...

"IRAN: Student Arrests Spark Defiance in Iran"
Link:
www.lasvegassun.com...
(not working)

Excerpt:

June 28, 2003 at 22:07:28 PDT | ALI AKBAR DAREINI
[i["
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -

Iran announced that more than 4,000 people were arrested during a month of violent pro-reform protests, and a student leader warned on Saturday that the crackdown was only fueling hatred of the ruling clerics.

Iran's prosecutor general, Abdolnabi Namazi, said about 800 students and 30 key student leaders were among the 4,000 arrested as a result of the June 10-14 protests, the state-run daily newspaper Iran reported Saturday.

Namazi said about 2,000 people remained in jail.

Authorities had earlier said only 520 people - mostly "hooligans" - had been detained.

"The confirmation of 4,000 arrests shows how insincere the rulers are and how the crisis has deepened in Iran," student leader Saeed Allahbadashti told The Associated Press.

Also Saturday, four reformist lawmakers began a 48-hour sit-in inside parliament to protest the "violent and illegal continuing arrest of students."

The recent protests, the largest in months, began with students demonstrating against plans to privatize universities then snowballed into broader displays of opposition to Iran's hard-line clerical establishment, led by supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

The demonstrations largely ended after the deployment of hundreds of security forces and the unleashing of pro-clergy thugs - armed with knives and batons - to attack protesters.

Allahbadashti, one of few student leaders not imprisoned during the protests, said the establishment had lost its legitimacy through the crackdown.

"The judicial authorities are openly lying to the nation. First, they said few hooligans been arrested. Now, they confirm the arrest of 800 students. They are buying only greater hatred from the people whose call for change has been ignored," he said.

Meanwhile, authorities are trying to prevent a new round of student protests to mark the fourth anniversary of a July 9, 1999 attacks on Tehran University dormitories by pro-clerical militants.

Those attacks killed one student, injured at least 20 others and triggered six days of nationwide anti-government protests, the worst since the 1979 Islamic revolution that toppled the pro-U.S. Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi.

Authorities have banned any marches to commemorate the raid. "An incident took place a few years back and there is no necessity to mark the anniversary," Namazi said, according to the Iran newspaper.

Students have vowed to defy the ban and warned that their accumulated wrath was about to explode.

In a gesture of support for students, lawmakers Fatemeh Haqiqatjou, Ali Akbar Mousavi Khoeini, Meysam Saeidi and Reza Yousefian began their sit-in protest at parliament.

"We are here to protest the very inappropriate arrests of students, with guns pointed at their throats by unidentified agents, including some students who were not part of recent protests," Haqiqatjou told a news conference before the sit-in.

Haqiqatjou, one of 11 female lawmakers in the 290-seat parliament, said at least 30 more students were missing Saturday. "More names are added every few hours while unannounced arrests of students continue in provincial cities," she said.

Khoeini said the judiciary prevented lawmakers from visiting detained students. "We want to talk freely to detained students without interrogators, the judge and the prosecutor. But judiciary officials are preventing this," he said.

Protesters have long focussed their anger on Iran's unelected hard-line clerics, while supporting President Mohammad Khatami, who was elected by a landslide on promises of delivering social, political and economic reforms. But this month's student-led protests also denounced Khatami for failing to fulfill his promises."

Just a few I found.....

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 10-10-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
US involvment in Iran is THE worst thing that can happen to those people. It will give more power to the radicals to "unite people against common enemy" and all the hard work of oposition would be for nothing.
US should leave Iran alone, let the revolution take its course.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I don't disagree, Paper. But, some support could go along way, if careful. I was hoping for some sort of conressional bill offering moral support to the students who were protesting - nothing more., just a simple, peaceful gesture to let them know that they're in our hearts and minds.

new topics

top topics

join