It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING: "The Secret" is a huge SCAM !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The Secret is a mega-hype of a fake "World Wide Television Event" which now finally proves to be just a HUGE SCAM.

www.what-is-the-secret.com...
team.powerfulintentions.com...

So why is it a SCAM?

The people behind The Secret/Powerfulintention have simply used David Ogilvys School-Book Marketing Method (AIDA) on the web (actually in a very clever way) to hype and build up a huge Attention, Interest, and Desire around "The Secret".

The "Worldwide Television Event" they promised is just a simple New-Age Amateur Low-Budget Web-Stream Broadcasting (probably of Haanels "MasterKey System" and other crap you can find for free on the internet if you just do a little Googeling).

Now they are taking Action - so If you want to know "The Secret" you HAVE TO PAY FOR IT - to watch !!!

>>> And that was their POWERFUL INTENTION from day one !!!

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
i got wind of all this SECRET hoopla back in december, and [eternal head in the clouds optimist that i am
] i had high hopes for this SECRET. the promotional video on their website promised me the moon, insisting that the SECRET would astound everyone who saw it when it was revealed on february 16th. tantalizing clues were even given, and the message board was abuzz with speculation and discussion about what these clues might mean and about what marvelous revelations would soon be coming.

excuse my icons....

as you can see, more than a month has gone by and still no SECRET. :
the people behind it have punked out and withdrawn the television special altogether [after spending a small fortune to hype it up]. *LONG SIGH* apparently having and using the SECRET for a long time was not enough to manipulate the dog eat dog world of media competition, and somebody decided to cut their losses.

on a positive note the few people who represented the SECRET on that powerful intentions message board were very friendly and pleasant, and seemed to really believe in the people behind the SECRET. but i have lost all hope for anything transendent or world-changing coming from this, if and when this new version of THE SECRET comes out.

this has to rank up there with the all-time tv rotten eggs.... and i hope to read someday of what really went on behind the scenes of it. between now and then, i don't expect any major excitement about the SECRET on or off ATS.

[edit on 22-3-2006 by victor was right]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanada Himself
The Secret is a mega-hype of a fake "World Wide Television Event" which now finally proves to be just a HUGE SCAM.

www.what-is-the-secret.com...

So why is it a SCAM?

The people behind The Secret/Powerfulintention have simply used David Ogilvys School-Book Marketing Method (AIDA) on the web (actually in a very clever way) to hype and build up a huge Attention, Interest, and Desire around "The Secret".

The "Worldwide Television Event" they promised is just a simple New-Age Amateur Low-Budget Web-Stream Broadcasting (probably of Haanels "MasterKey System" and other crap you can find for free on the internet if you just do a little Googeling).

Now they are taking Action - so If you want to know "The Secret" you HAVE TO PAY FOR IT - to watch !!!

>>> And that was their POWERFUL INTENTION from day one !!!

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
yet you give it that much attention?

I dun care about some crappy show lol so their advertisement has failed me as an american citizen I DEMAND TO BE BRAINWASHEDEDED~!

Fiddy bucks for a movie?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donski
You are completely WRONG.

The Secret is now available (not for the Austrialia region yet) to view online and I'm just finished watching it ($4.95 for 90 minutes). The production values are absolutely TOP NOTCH and the film is very well made. The material, while not entirely original, is very thought provoking and the film presents it in a very clear and concise way that anyone can understand.

Whether you agree with what is presented or not, it certainly makes you think - I for one am glad I watched it.

Of course you don't mention WHAT the "material" is so people can judge. That in itself seems very deceptive of you.

You say it's thought provoking and so on, but I don't want to waste 90 minutes and $5 on thought provoking material about how to market vaporware to internet denizens.

They (and you) should just be straight up about things.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It's about how the way you think affects stuff in your life... if you keep focussing on the negative, more negative things happen, if you visualise positive outcomes consistently then good things start to happen... a lot.

It does seem a bit far out and new agey, but there are interviews with real people who have used this to change their life... for example, one guy crashed in an airplane and was told he would be a complete cripple and an unresponsive vegetable for life... six months later he walks out of hospital. Its these credible people and example that kind of make you think twice about if this stuff is actually BS, or maybe theres a bit of truth in there. And like I say, this is no-low budget production... it seems like quite a bit of money was invested into it.

And hey, if you don't want to pay for it then no doubt it will be on Bittorrent within the next couple of days....

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
My wife is already proof of "the Secret", she believed she would become better and so did I and she did.

I am making things happen by just possitive thinking and reality creation, the things I acheived this year alone is incredible.

But I did not see this video, I realised this in my self after only reading a fraction of that Masterkey book.

That book is probably worth alot more.

But I think I might see this movie anyway...

top topics

join