It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Info gathering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Let's imagine that a system like "Vast machine" or a "Big brother" exists.
We all have bank accounts, mobile phones, credit cards, and even tax information is available to anyone seeking. These lead up to finding out our consumption habits, where we are and where we are going, what we bought etc...

There is huge amount of information about us just lying around. No doubt that majority of it is in use. I've always disliked these bonus cards systems. I've thought that I am not going to make what I buy and when available to a big company. Well, I eventually did, because of discounts. So now I get this letter once a month that states what I bought and where. I feel like I sold my self and my habits. It seems that there is no way one can keep this information just to one self. Except one lives like Obi-Wan Kenobi isolated in some cave.

I just feel that all this information is being gathered so that some organization somewhere is benefitting. Like as if to control us, to keep us distracted of what is really happening.. Could be just paranoia but still.. Don't like the idea that my information is "there somewhere".

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I really wouldn't worry about whatever it is you saying. I am confused...or maybe I did not just read it right, but what are you trying to imlpy here? That everything we do and buy is monitored? Or that your credit cards and bank accounts are monitored... Or both?

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
That's the point of it, to keep a record of what you buy. This in turn leads to them offering things for you, which you will like more than another person on passed trends.

However such information, including, house, what you drive, eat, when/where you buy it, what you read, what you watch/rent [movies], what music you like, where you drink, who you associate with, etc. Can also be traced and tracked. In turn leading to a wealth of information to frame someone for a crime - especailly those people who have a set routine.

There's a reason I always pay in cash and always take money from the same three ATM's in my town.

join