It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Price of following Jesus...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
the price for following Jesus

If this is the price for Following Jesus, then sign me up. Islam is a false religion and intoerant. Frankly I don't care who thinks other wise. I get sick everytime I hear how merciful allah is and islam is-nonsence! the judge in this story wants to have the accused back to see whether he will recant his 16 year old conversion, because aferall Islam is a tolerant religion! We will see how truly intolerant islam is when the "accused " does not recant. and I suspect he won't! Go for it brother!!!

It just goes to show you that the Bible is 100 percent correct:

Passage John 16:2:
2They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God.

As for the accused, My brother in Christ I say this:

Passage Luke 12:4:

4"I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more.

Here is the tolerant Islam:
mypetjawa.mu.nu...

[edit on 20-3-2006 by Graystar]

[edit on 20-3-2006 by Graystar]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
A very active thread is already ongoing if you'd care to join it. Here's the link:

NEWS: Afghan Law: Reject Islam, You Die

Wupy

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
the price for following Jesus? well, basically... your life...

as with following anyone, but it's up to what you expect in return.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Graystar, I love you Christians.

Whenever I need a good laugh, I always have the Christians. So confident that they're right and everyone else is wrong, even those who they stole their religion from. It cracks me up all the time, like when I used to go to church and saw the people "get the holy spirit." I'd share some of these humorous experiences, but I ain't got time to waste with that right now.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Graystar

And there's the same handwriting, nose and eyes again.. one person does not reflect the attitudes of an entire religion.. and the file name: muslims_threaten-holocaust-over-cartoon? MuslimS is PLURAL. That is one muslim [supposedly] with that opinion. They are in the minority. How often are people going to have the same pics rehashed? Oh no.. people are stating to move past yesterday's hostilities.. better pour some petrol on the fire and get some division happening.. yep thats really a religion of love.

Islam is a false religion and intoerant.

You can't even see the irony of this statement can you?

[edit on 21-3-2006 by riley]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Graystar,

I fail to see the problem your having here. This is no different then what Christianity used to be when it first came into power through Constantine. It was against the LAW to not be Christian. The article states that this is the first case ever like that in muslim history, hardly something to get worked up over when we look at Christianity.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
well, where do you think that confidence of us christians comes from? maybe it is the only true religion. maybe Jesus told us the only true truth about God... I believe so... and about 2,1 billion people with me.. so, actually I couldn;t care less about people having their laughs about christians. I do hope you will change your mind someday.. at least before u die, so you'll still be able to reconcile with God before u meet him.

Oh and to keep your viewpoint clear, please search for and look at Jesus and his message, as it is written in the bible, wich is enough to understand it all and find salvation... don't look at the history of the church or mistakes people made in the past. That's only going to set you back and in fact has nothing to do with the personal relationship a person can have with God the Father, as Jesus describes... regardless of whatever is going on in the world around you, or what people say.. Learn to listen to God, and you'll start to recognise the people who are His by hearing His voice thru these people.

[edit on 21-3-2006 by phiniks]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
How can Christianity be the one true religion when it clearly goes against the Torah, and Old Testament. The Christian religion RELIES on the OT's prophecies. See, that's a HUGE problem when it starts contradicting the OT.

For example, this verse here. Where's the trinity?

"Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is ONE" (Deut. 6:4)

Or, this even. Jesus would lead you to believe he and God are one and the same. This simply isn't so.

19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? (Numbers 23:19)

Or, why does Jesus claim that you can only come to the Father through him? Since when did this change? Since Jesus said so?

"God is near to all who call unto Him" (Psalms 145:18)

It's quiet ridiculous to claim Christianity is the one true religion when it relies upon the Jewish prophecies. It's even more ridiculous to claim Jesus was the Messiah when he never fulfilled the role of the Messiah, starting from his conception and fathership of God.

don't look at the history of the church or mistakes people made in the past. That's only going to set you back and in fact has nothing to do with the personal relationship a person can have with God the Father, as Jesus describes...

It matter's a great deal about how Christianity came to be. Jesus teach's nothing of having a 'personal' relationship with God. He clearly state's that one need's to go through Jesus, and he does so on many accounts. This goes against the OT and Torah and the prophecies. When one look's at the teaching's of Jesus and what was written in the Torah and OT well before Jesus came on the scene, it become's so clear that Christian faith is faith in lie's, violence, and politics.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prot0n
For example, this verse here. Where's the trinity?

"Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is ONE" (Deut. 6:4)

Or, this even. Jesus would lead you to believe he and God are one and the same. This simply isn't so.

19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? (Numbers 23:19)

Or, why does Jesus claim that you can only come to the Father through him? Since when did this change? Since Jesus said so?

"God is near to all who call unto Him" (Psalms 145:18)

It's quiet ridiculous to claim Christianity is the one true religion when it relies upon the Jewish prophecies. It's even more ridiculous to claim Jesus was the Messiah when he never fulfilled the role of the Messiah, starting from his conception and fathership of God.

don't look at the history of the church or mistakes people made in the past. That's only going to set you back and in fact has nothing to do with the personal relationship a person can have with God the Father, as Jesus describes...

It matter's a great deal about how Christianity came to be. Jesus teach's nothing of having a 'personal' relationship with God. He clearly state's that one need's to go through Jesus, and he does so on many accounts. This goes against the OT and Torah and the prophecies. When one look's at the teaching's of Jesus and what was written in the Torah and OT well before Jesus came on the scene, it become's so clear that Christian faith is faith in lie's, violence, and politics.

Well... where is the trinity in the new testament? You show me... It's not there.. the trinity is made up by man. Jesus is God's Son. If you know Jesus you know the Father, as He said.. Jesus also doesn't ask us to worship him, but the Father, giving us an example of how God the Father wants all His children to relate to Him.

As far as the Torah goes... yes this was the old law.. and it;s still there.. If you break the Torah laws, while being a christian, you can be forgiven if you simply confess your sins and repent... being a Jew without Christ this becomes much more difficult, since a sin weighs much more than any amount of good deeds.

About the personal relationship.. Jesus tells us that whatever we ask the Father in Jesus' name, Jesus will ask the Father without telling us he's the middle man... now that's pretty cool, aye? That's a personal relation with God for anyone who acknowledges His Son.

There are as far as I know about 30 or more prophecies about the messiah in the OT, wich are all fulfilled by Jesus Christ and by none other. If you like I can delve into this further. I have these things as facts in my head after doing these kind of studies very much for years now, but I'll have to do some searching again to get it all out of there.

About how christianity has developed the past 2000 plus years I can only say that there are alot of people who rip everything out of context and simply don't (want to) understand what Jesus told us. Bending his words and actually degrading the total picture of Jesus. Only few who have the right motivation and read the bible under guidance of the Holy Ghost will read what it is meant to say. Otherwise, especially without the right Spirit, you will have difficulties understanding the message..

So get yourself baptised in the Holy Spirit, read the bible again and then try to judge it.. I promise your views will be quite different.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Well... where is the trinity in the new testament? You show me... It's not there.. the trinity is made up by man.

Have you read the NT at all?

9 Go therefore[c] and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit (Mathew 28:19)

Jesus is God's Son. If you know Jesus you know the Father, as He said.. Jesus also doesn't ask us to worship him, but the Father, giving us an example of how God the Father wants all His children to relate to Him.

And Jesus would say this for what reason then?

"I and the Father are one" (John 10:30)

"No man cometh unto the Father but by me."

And many more statements Jesus make's implying he and God are one and the same or that you can only get to god through Jesus.

As far as the Torah goes... yes this was the old law.. and it;s still there.. If you break the Torah laws, while being a christian, you can be forgiven if you simply confess your sins and repent... being a Jew without Christ this becomes much more difficult, since a sin weighs much more than any amount of good deeds.

The Messiah will bring the Jews into full Torah observence, not make it easier for them to commit sins and take a scapegoat route into saving themselve's. Nor do I fully understand where Jesus fits into the repenting process when the person we're repenting to is God. There should be no middle man required. Jesus is not god, despite him claiming to be so.

About the personal relationship.. Jesus tells us that whatever we ask the Father in Jesus' name, Jesus will ask the Father without telling us he's the middle man... now that's pretty cool, aye? That's a personal relation with God for anyone who acknowledges His Son.

Irregardless of Jesus lying for us or not to his father about his role in our personal relationship with god, we're still left with the fact that this isn't the Messiah's role, nor is the Messiah needed to attain any kind of relationship with god.

There are as far as I know about 30 or more prophecies about the messiah in the OT, wich are all fulfilled by Jesus Christ and by none other. If you like I can delve into this further. I have these things as facts in my head after doing these kind of studies very much for years now, but I'll have to do some searching again to get it all out of there.

Please, do post these prophecies. I do hope we're not going to here some wild theory on how Mary is of Davidic lineage when Luke clearly states her lineage already.

About how christianity has developed the past 2000 plus years I can only say that there are alot of people who rip everything out of context and simply don't (want to) understand what Jesus told us. Bending his words and actually degrading the total picture of Jesus. Only few who have the right motivation and read the bible under guidance of the Holy Ghost will read what it is meant to say. Otherwise, especially without the right Spirit, you will have difficulties understanding the message..

Given the history of Christianity and how it formed and rose to power (through Esau's roman empire, the guy god hated and cursed mind you), and given that Jesus tells people they don't have to hold full observence of the Torah, nor do they have to observe sabbath on the correct day, it's quiet clear as day that Christianity is a false religion.

So get yourself baptised in the Holy Spirit, read the bible again and then try to judge it.. I promise your views will be quite different.

I highly doubt that promise can be upheld. Sprinkling water on one's self or immersing fully is not some mystical awaking thing. Researching the faith itself from the Jewish roots it come's from can teach you a great deal. Not by remaining biased under one viewpoint alone.

[edit on 22-3-2006 by Prot0n]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Lets not forget the Spanish Inquisition (Catholics), or the Witch Trials (Protestant) of older times.

So Muslims kill people who refuse to convert... old news. While some religions have grown up, others haven't. Some cultures are still stuck in the dark ages.

So unfortunate.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phiniks:

Ok I see a couple problems with this statement.
First off, if you need to go through a middleman (in this case Jesus) to get a message to God, then thats not exactly having a personal relationship with God.

Second, if God is all knowing and all seeing, then why would he even need a middle man in the first place?

There are tolerant and intolerant people in all religions. It's sad that we see a few bad news stories that target a particular group and we generalise the whole group because of a few bad apples.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
how can bible be correct if it was writen over 200 years after his death and supposed reurection?

top topics

join