It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zero Tolerance idiocy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This zero tolerance law has gone too far.There needs to be some stipulations put in it.This kid possibly saved an asthmatic girl from death and he gets arressted for it?

Link

[Edited on 10-10-2003 by Daz3d-n-Confus3d]

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Agreed this is stupid,

really a very poor application of what is likely a reasonable law,

they tend to do this when it is new or doesn't get used very often.

just goes to show you the system is not always 'just.'

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I just hope the charges are dropped against that poor kid.

Oh by the way Neo.Matrix Reloaded comes out on dvd tuesday.I can't wait since I haven't been able to see it yet.Going to be like christmas come early Tuesday night for me.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 02:36 AM
link   
it's the kids that pay...............

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 07:05 AM
link   
utter stupidity.

I hope that stupid nurse and principal get their asses dragged through the mud over this.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Zero tollerance policies are enacted for one reason and one reason only. They are there to protect school districts against lawsuits.

For example: Kenny is selling hashish at school and is caught. His parents claim that it is ok because they allowed Kyle to share an inhaler with another student, and Kenny shouldn't be punished.

At this point the school district doesn't have enough NADS to tell Kennys parents to piss up a rope. They enact a Zero Tolerance policy instead. Now Kennys parents can't complain.

And after all, Parents of conformist kids are probabaly conformists themselvs and won't cause problems.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Wow, I can't believe school districts still want to press drug charges over something like that. I had the same thing happen to me when I was in high school. A guy in my class was having his asthma flare up, so I tossed him my inhaler. Within a half hour, cops were there questioning me about distributing drugs or something. I got off for it, and I hope the kid in the article does too.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
No kidding. People can be stupid. I suppose
that a simple look into the eyes of the accusor,
and the question I would love asked:

Are you a fool by nature or would YOU let a loved one die?
Who if you can imagine such a person, would sit back a tell a gasping girlfriend:

"Sorry babe gotta suck it up! No pun intended, heh, heh,
I just can't let the rules about shared medication slide!"

new topics

top topics

join